Stuff that MFP has helped me to put on my banned list

Options
2»

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I have not banned anything, but MFP has helped me become aware of high calorie foods and how to make choices so I can occasionally enjoy anything I want within moderation.

MFP has truly empowered me to take control.
    This.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No cheesecake ever.. that is no way to live.

I dont eat it often maybe few times a year but thats too yummy to give up forever.

Maybe instead of banned list make a sometimes list as a treat assuming you have a few calories left over for dessert. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What your saying I have to get rid of cheese cake? arg.

You don't have to get rid of cheesecake. I eat it less often than I used to do, but I still have a small piece when I really want it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped me put nothing on the banned list.

Instead I just have a very long list of 'You can eat this occasionally if you really feel like it, but you have to be able to fit it into your daily calorie goal'

THis.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Da *kitten* is a banned list?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

Instead I just have a very long list of 'You can eat this occasionally if you really feel like it, but you have to be able to fit it into your daily calorie goal'

/thread
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Also, protein cheesecake is the key to all success in fitness.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    My banned list:

1. Celery- unless covered in peanut butter, is inedible to me
    2. Cauliflower- just the name makes me feel blech
    3. The word "moist"
    4. Arctic zero- 36 calories of pure sadness
    5. Body fortress protein powders- I just. .. can't

I'm sure there's more but I'm pretty open with my list of acceptable food, as no foods are inherently evil, unless they make you physically sick to eat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Also, protein cheesecake is the key to all success in fitness.

Yeah we're going to need a recipe. For science.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Do hope I don't get hate mail from the Cheesecake lovers society!
    Perhaps I should change the term "banned list" to "be a bit more careful with my consumption list"?
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't have a banned list. I do have an occasional list or a smaller portion list.
    This
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Da *kitten* is a banned list?

Metallica,pantera,3 days grace,five finger death punch,hollywood undead. Band list.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Thanks to MFP i am now addicted to Poptarts and Ice Cream, such a happy addiction

c51a5c03b6ae390d_poptartsandwich.jpg
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

This. For me a banned list is a sure way to a binge. MFP can help you make informed decisions about what you eat and improve the quality of your diet overall. However, treats are still OK occasionally. There is nutritional value in dried fruits, avocados, nuts, seeds, whole grains - and so many other things that are higher calorie. But certainly, to keep within a sensible calorie limit, you need to make wise choices about what to eat and when. Croissants would not be my breakfast of choice because I would not be able to eat enough to sustain me until my next meal but if I was in France, I have no doubt I would be having one!
  • BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Options
    Cheesecake?!? Nooooooooo!

I made a low carb one (ok two) for the holidays - it wasn't bad. Really liked the Italian style ricotta one. I've also done little versions in the micro that have come out with varying success. All eaten - none of the mistakes were THAT bad.

Even though I'm eating low carb right now, I don't consider stuff banned. I'm just choosing to not eat carby stuff. And I'm encouraging my experimental nature in the kitchen.

I don't know, but considering things banned... sometimes makes you want it more, eh?
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the booze.

Actually, the main reason I quit is just that it has the capacity to make me extremely maudlin - but for some reason 'I'm trying to lose weight' seems to come off as a better excuse to most people.
    The equivalent calories in ice cream make me much happier.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the booze.

Actually, the main reason I quit is just that it has the capacity to make me extremely maudlin - but for some reason 'I'm trying to lose weight' seems to come off as a better excuse to most people.
    The equivalent calories in ice cream make me much happier.

I guess that by already having a low alcohol intake this makes it fairly easy to restrict the amount further.
    Similarly, too much of the stuff gets me down and I've noticed that even a couple of drinks stops me from being on top form the next day. This will definitely not happen with cherry cheesecake or pistachio ice cream.
  • RichardUK1974
    RichardUK1974 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the responses on this threat. Taking the shame/evil away from food is the way that I know I will succeed.