Your most awesome NSV

Options

Replies

• annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I went for my yearly checkup last summer, my doctor took me off blood pressure and cholesterol medications. That was a great payoff. And fitting into size 8 jeans was a milestone, too!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSVs, everyone! Awesome job!
    And last week I found my wedding dress from 1977 in my cedar chest. Decided to try it on - IT FIT!!!

-- A couple of months ago I experienced the same thing with my wedding dress from 1979. :happy: Also...
    -- Participated last September in my first fitness event since 2002. I climbed 110 flights of stairs in our local hospital's 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge.
    -- Returned to running, now that my old running clothes fit again! Am registered for my first 5K since 2002. (Am slowly building my stamina back up. Back in 2002 my longest outdoor run had been 12.5 miles at a pace of 13:08; two weeks later I had run 11 miles at a pace of 12:39. I had also been 12 years younger.)
    -- My blood work is awesome.

Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My favorite kickboxing instructor telling me she thought I should become an instructor. At first I thought maybe she was just being nice, then she gave me her cell number, added me on Facebook and has since become my mentor. I wanted to become an instructor before she even mentioned it but was getting in the way of myself, she saw that and has been monumental in helping me see my own potential. I dont even have words to thank her enough!!! Ive now taught 2 bootcamp classes and am working on getting certified :-)
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all of yor NSV you guys are awsome!!!
  • Freakbunny
    Freakbunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Trying on a new pair of skinny jeans and thinking surely a size 14 would fit. Becoming very fustrated that they were tight, and then discovering that the label on the jeans were a 12, size smaller than I thought they were! :D They had put the wrong price tag with size attached wooohooo
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Fitting back into my ridiculously expensive Nobody Jeans! SOOOOO excited I screamed :)
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I live in Europe, where the tables in restaurants tend to be very close together, making it hard to squeeze in between two tables to get to the sofa-side of the table (many tables are up against a wall with a sofa-like bench as one chair and a regular chair across from it). I couldn't fit through the tables in most cases, or had to move things off the tables so my hips didn't knock things over (a real problem in Scandinavia, where every table has a burning candle on it during winter). Now (69 pounds later) I can zip through the space without even having to move anything or apologize to neighboring tables!
  • Dina275_
    Dina275_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I won my age division in a local 5.5k race, sure there were only about four other people in the division with me, but I have never been all that sporty and didn't think that I could do something like a running race and actually come first in something, that was a pretty great moment!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    All old jeans baggy. Yoga pants almost slipped off when I was doing a home circuit :D
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day: I cleaned out part of my closet, tackling just the pants. I tossed out 18 pairs of jeans and work pants (this is round two, I tossed a bunch back in July as well) that have gotten ridiculously baggy. Even jeans that were tight when I was in grade 8 (I'm now 25 years old) are too loose. Definitely in the best shape of my life!
  • alwaysdance
    alwaysdance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!
  • alwaysdance
    alwaysdance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite nsv...hearing my 10 year old son tell somebody, "my mom is an athlete now." I'm far from optimal fitness but I'm way closer than I was 6 months ago!

Way to set an awesome example for your son! Congrats!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Not most awesome NSV, but todays and it made me laugh.

Walking home from gym, all stinky and still in gym gear a couple of 10 year olds passed me on their bikes. One made eye contact and thought damn, what c$@P was he going to shout out. 'my friend fancies you!' I chuckled figuring it was far better that some derogatory comment.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feeling happy when looking in the mirror ^^
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda silly, but it pleases me...My wedding ring spins on my finger when I'm typing!
    Me too, and I love it!!!
  • sbass92
    sbass92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get it! That is very cool.
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My Mom passed away 5 years ago. My Dad gave me her engagement ring and wedding band. I wasn't able to even get it to my middle knuckle. One day I had to take off one of my rings because it was getting to big and I was afraid of losing it. While looking for a replacement I spotted Moms rings. Thought eh why not give it a try to see how much more I have to lose. I was so happy when it slipped right on my finger with no struggle at all. My greatest NSV and I was so happy I started to cry!
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bumping...I LOVE reading these!!! So many awesome people and fabulous inspirations!
  • Crescent_Meadows
    Crescent_Meadows Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Signing up for my first 5K (happening in May). When I was in junior high and high school, I dreaded running and could barely jog for 5 minutes before getting winded. Now I run for fun and I can run for MILES!

Lots of clothes victories as well and comments from peers.

The biggest NSV for me though, is having so much CONFIDENCE!
  • wkhauser
    wkhauser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1.)We were at a bar last weekend and I was the DD
    2) I am 5 10' and tower over my two friends that are about 5 3' and really tiny. I always feel like an amazon when we hang out together. My husband told me later in the night he had over heard a couple of guys talking about about the chicks dancing and wanted to know who the one in the gray sweater was.. and it was me!!!!

3) thanks to T25 my cardio is improving greatly and I have an easier time running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!