Girls-calorie restricting and missed/light period

Options
Hate to put out tmi but I need advice/reassurance from people who know what I'm talking about! I'm still 80 lbs from goal but my last 2 periods have been almost non existent. I'm positive I'm not pregnant.. Have any of you experienced this and do you think it's a big deal? I eat about 1300 calories a day, try to do lower carbs/good amount of fat/ high protein

Replies

• kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My cycle has been getting longer and longer - used to be 32 days on the dot but last cycle was 37 (by 35 days I was convinced I was pregnant - the negative test was a massive relief!) and I can only put that down to losing weight. If you're concerned though maybe go to the doctor just for reassurance?
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    Also could be not enough food. Is your body getting enough nutrients to survive?

Also are you on birth control? Im on the pills and it causes my periods to be very very light.
  • ItsABadger
    ItsABadger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This happened to me for a few months to begin with. I think it's because you're body gets stressed out with the changes to your lifestyle so it sort of shuts down certain processes (that's just the nerdy biologist talking). It came back in the 3rd month from what I remember though, so don't worry :)
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, It happened. It came back but it was probably because I started eating more
  • datandy
    Options
    Its not all about calories, maybe its some nutrient's or vitamins that your not getting enough of? Maybe try multivitamins? And speak to a doctor maybe :)
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was a week late at Christmas... I googled it... low carb quite often = missed period... as I was at mum's I started eating normally and it came, same as normal nothing difference cept late... I only gained 0.6kg in 3 weeks too and I was eating EVERYTHING and counting NOTHING,
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    go to your doctor. could be nothing, could be something. but it's always better to check it out, sooner rather than later.
  • xkimberlee007
    xkimberlee007 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This happened to me for a few months to begin with. I think it's because you're body gets stressed out with the changes to your lifestyle so it sort of shuts down certain processes (that's just the nerdy biologist talking). It came back in the 3rd month from what I remember though, so don't worry :)
    I think you're right, hopefully my body will balance out next month