Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team 11/12/10 to 11/19/10

Sorry, I forgot to do this Thursday nite. Hope that everyone is doing well.

Welcome team.

A week behind us, a new week in front of us. Some familiar faces and some new ones too!

This week, I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are committed to the challenge. Throughout the week, lets look at this 1 goal and see what we are doing. Are you struggling? Why? A goal is something you have to try for, not something that happens easily. Think about what you want to accomplish this week and why, then let us know what you are shooting for. And of course, ask for advice from your fellow teamies if you need it.

The holidays are now upon us. What do you want to accomplish before all the dinner parties start?

This is the new thread for the week. If you would like to weigh in and post your stats, please feel free to do so. Our weigh in days are on Fridays (or whichever day you normally weigh in, would be fine), however, some of us choose to measure our success by other means. You are of course welcome to do that as well. As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing.

If anyone would like to start, (I weigh in on Saturday in the AM.)
The format is

Your ScreenName ~ SW/ GW/ CW = Total pounds lost

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

Please use the quote function when posting your stats and copy the previous weigh-in and add your stats to the end of the list. This way we have a running list and it helps everyone to see everyone's results easier.

Welcome to a new week!!! Let's make it a good one. :0)~

Replies

• size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    :happy: yeh, I like that! I've been having a few pains in my tummy of late and I think I've been eatting too much meat. I think the meat just sits in your system too long thus starting to rot and causing pain. I've decided to go vegetarian for a little while, I'm not experiencing pain now,...but just telling your self your a vegetarian this week helps. especially when you work in a deli bar! get the urge.....ooppps! can't pick at the ham, beef, chicken.....where's that carrot stix??:huh:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    SW: 210 GW: 180 CW: 201! lose 5 pound since october

Yay!

My goal for this week is to drink AT LEAST 6 glasses of water a day and continue the running of course. I'm not training for anything just yet. But I do have a goal of running for 20 continuous minutes by my birthday in early january.
  • bumping!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Egam SW: 210 GW: 180 CW: 201! lose 5 pound since october
    Jjtonic75 SW 206.8 GW: 165.0 CW: 164.4 Loss of 2.4 this last week

WHOOOHOOO!!! I finally made it, AGAIN!!! This time I will make it stick. No more up and down for this gal. LOL I am feeling amazing and love it. I can't believe that my half is in 5 weeks. Where has the time gone? I ran my first 7 miles this last Friday and it was amazing. I had my GU ready and had it at about 55 mins in and it worked well. I did not feel fatigued at all. I was so proud of myself for doing it. I did about a 11:30 pace, which is not bad at all for a beginner. Next year I will work more to speed up, but I am just getting through the training for the first time and want to have fun the day of the Half. Of course, I will do my best to go faster, but if I don't and still finish that is the ultimate goal for this one.

Size08-Kudos to you for going Veggie for a week. I know that I would not be able to do that. I love meat too much. You will have to let us know how it is going for you. Keep up the great work.

Egam-5 pounds in October? That is AWESOME. What is your weight loss goal for November? You have a good goal set for the week and I am sure you will meet it with no problem. I also like your 20 mins run goal. I know you can do it. Keep up the awesome work.

Clipsychic-Welcome. Let us know how you are doing.

Have a great week everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Just checking up on everybody this morning. I hope your week is going well so far. Please check in and let me know how you all are doing. I miss you guys. :flowerforyou:
  • I just got back from vacation last night, so today I begin logging again. I haven't weighed myself yet, but I didn't eat too terribly and we did burn tons of calories in the snow! Today is going well so far. I wasn't sure how I would handle four days without watching my intake, but I am back at it 100%! Not sure what to expect on weigh-in come friday, but I am ready for whatever. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    I just saw this post and I think it's a great way to keep track. My Goal for the week will be making sure I drink all my water.

SW: 255 lbs
    CW: 249.8 lbs
    GW: 155 lbs
  • egam
    I'm glad you had a good vacation Kelsey! And I love your acceptance philosophy!

Things are pretty good with me. I've been having some difficulty with the water, but I've just got to put my mind to it.
    School is getting pretty stressful too. We're gearing up to finals and I got some disappointing marks back from my last set of mid terms. So I'm just trying to keep it all in perspective and not get too worked up over it.

How is the running going JJ? Is your time improving the way you'd like it too?
  • Iffer75
    Kelsey-Sounds like you had a great vacation. Glad you are back all safe and sound. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I am sure you will do fine and besides, I know you are going to do fine. :bigsmile:

DreamGirl-Glad you are here with us. Water intake is a great goal and I know it is attainable. I always have a water bottle with me at all times. Whenever you feel hungry, drink 8 oz of water and wait a few minutes before eating. Normally you are just dehydrated that is why you think you are hungry. Unless it is time for you to eat of course. :flowerforyou:

Egam-Sorry to hear that school is getting stressful. I am sure you will Ace your classes. With the exercise that you are putting in, it is helping your mind stay on top of things. Keep up the great work. :drinker:

My running is going well, I suppose. It seems now that I am running with my fuel belt on, I have lost some of my time. I went from a 10 min pace to an 11 min pace. Still, that is not so bad for a beginner. I am doing 8 miles tomorrow. One of the guys that I have been talking to about my training said to just enjoy my first one and then we will work on my pace for the next one. I am trying to stick with that idea, so I don't get too upset for going a little slower.

Keep up the great work everybody. I will do my best to get the new thread posted tonite. If not tonite, then tomorrow for sure. Have a beautiful and blessed day. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    Hello all!

So I was getting dressed this morning and I decided to try on some jeans that stopped fitting in the summer and guess what? They fit again! There is definately room for improvement, but it felt so good to know that my efforts actually are producing some results!
  • Iffer75
    Egam-That is FANTASTIC!!! I do know how you feel, what a great way to start out the weekend. Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Here is next weeks weigh in thread. I am sure you all did a fabulous job this last week. Let's see what we can do this weekend to keep on goal before Thanksgiving. Have a great weigh in. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135836-t-h-e-try-hard-everyday-team-11-19-10-to-11-25-10