Aunt Flow came to visit

Options
She came and now I dont feel like working out. should I enjoy the visit at home? UGH

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    No, you should not. Aunt Flo is a fact of life, not a reason to stop. You need to at the very least take a nice, brisk walk. It will make you feel better and help counter the chocolate that you are going to cave in and eat later. :devil:
  • Miamarie514
    Options
    I know how you feel but ... No unless your really that bad. Try to get out for a walk or walk on the treadmill if its cold (I live in MN). Just something helps!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Getting out there and doing some form of exercise will actually help slow it down and relieve any symptoms you're having! You can do it
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's actually proven that exercise during Aunt Flo's visit improves how you feel. It eases cramping, bloating, and the general yucky feeling. I would give 'er!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You guys are right. I am just so tired, but I am going to work out.Thanks a bunch.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    yoga and stretching will ease cramping and body aches! and exercise helps elevate your mood, so if you feel bummed out or pissed off around your period, you might feel a little better.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Show that biotch Aunt Flow who's boss!!!!! Push yourself a little harder today and put her in her place!!!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ^^ Speaking of that, Yogamazing.com does a routine just for Aunt Flo symptoms. It's super relaxing. <3
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    I agree... When I exercise, I find that it help with the symptoms.

You can do it!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ^^ Speaking of that, Yogamazing.com does a routine just for Aunt Flo symptoms. It's super relaxing. <3

OOO that sounds interesting going to start auntie flow by the end of the day or morning not sure yet. I will have a look @ this site. last time i did a full work out everyday i had her visit, i felt so much better + i had less days with her. (i have 5 normally but had 3 last time)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    way tmi here but last week i had my period and a yeast infection at the same time. :frown: but i still worked out every single day!!! you can do it!!!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    No, you should not. Aunt Flo is a fact of life, not a reason to stop. You need to at the very least take a nice, brisk walk. It will make you feel better and help counter the chocolate that you are going to cave in and eat later. :devil:

i TOTALLY agree!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Go work out!! If you are super tired, just do some light/moderate exercise. You will feel much better. My Aunt just left, but I was feeling like crap for a few days. I swim for exercise, so I had to bust out my "fat suits" due to bloating, BUT, I still worked out. I was exhausted when I got home, but the symptoms were much abated.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I got mine today too, and i feel your pain..i think i'm just going to do some thai chi and hip flexor stretching, because honestly my uterus hates me right now, and i suck at Insanity on the best of days...I worked out Monday and Tuesday, today is going to be stretching and deep breathing...tomorrow might be better...good luck
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

OOO that sounds interesting going to start auntie flow by the end of the day or morning not sure yet. I will have a look @ this site. last time i did a full work out everyday i had her visit, i felt so much better + i had less days with her. (i have 5 normally but had 3 last time)

I'm going to google it too...i've never done yoga before
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Mine started today at the gym...ugh! But I agree, I dont change up my routine, but rather pack some motrin in the gym bag :bigsmile: !
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's actually proven that exercise during Aunt Flo's visit improves how you feel. It eases cramping, bloating, and the general yucky feeling. I would give 'er!

I've been dealing with her unwelcome visit for the last few days and I agree, staying active has helped my constant cramps! I'll be doing this every month now! instead of laying on my couch curled up with my heating pad!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell, I must be losing my marbles!

I really did think the OP's Aunt Flo (as in Florence) came for a visit and I couldn't work out why she wouldn't want to work out or if Aunt Florence was visiting for just a day or two, why the OP even bothered to ask, why not just take the day off :laugh:

However, do not worry everybody, I have it sussed and now realise who Aunt Flo(w) really is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, it's these early morning rises for work that have got to my brain LOL!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    mine came today too (but 2 days later than expected!), but I'm still gonna do my run today and try to do my JM DVD tonight.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    OH it is a $itch isn't it? But, I have found that keeping the routine and exercising really does help. I feel so much better when I am done - both physically and mentally for having overcome it! Good Luck!