I lost 22 pounds also Serendipity22!!!! <3

Options
This must be the day of 22s? =D

I weighed in at 204 lbs on December 3rd, and as of Friday Jan 17th I weigh 182 lbs! I have lost 4 inches off my waist also and can see a huge difference already in myself and am also down a whole pants size! Will not post success pics yet until I reach my ultimate goal of 143-159lbs. I am also technically not "obese" anymore by the BMI scale!

Replies

• saturenag
    Options
    Good job!!! Hope I can be as successful
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • btown1mom
    Options
    Congrats thats awesome......are you on an exercise program
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am not on a program, I just reduced my portions a lot more, added more veggies, and really limited the carbs but never really denied myself something if it was resonable. I started noticing the reason I couldn't have success was because I would deny deny deny even the simplest things like a small bowl of spaghetti (reasonable after doing wonderful for a week or two weeks right?) and I would always be surprised when I ended up binging on bad stuff. I found that when I let myself have a reasonable portion of stuff that I was restricting every now and again, I didn't feel deprived, and didn't fall into my old "I've given up and going to eat everything I can get my hands on". This was crucial in my success so far considering I have another 38 or so lbs to lose instead of 62.

I also made a conscious decision to not work out like a crazy insane person like I always would either, I would do my best to work out about 4 times a week or even 5 times a week, but I wasn't going to stress out about it this time around. Because I would always start out real strong working out for 5 sometimes 6 days, and I would do that for 3 weeks or so, then if I had a bad week (which happens when you are working, going to school full time, and have a family) I would beat myself up so bad for only working out 2 or 3 days a week. Not stressing, if I really dont feel like exercising, I'll just do something else like clean the bathroom or do some laundry or vacuum, anything that got me moving even a little bit.

Also, staying off the computer and away from the t.v so much. I'd find fun things to do on the floor with my daughter, we'd get out all her toys and then after we play for a while, spend forever picking them up. I'd put her on my shoulders and run her around the house, that's like picking up a 30lb weight, holding it above your head and running around with it for 15 minutes lol.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good luck to you. I hope we both get to the weight that we want.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!!
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! MFP has been so helpful for me too!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work.!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!