Replies

• xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Copious amounts of bacon.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OP, I found this pretty awesome detox machine on the Internet. It's called the Liver. Have a look.

2eluuyh.jpg
  • AlanByam
    Options
    My liver and kidneys do an awesome job of detoxing me.
    QFT
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said is spot on. There's no need for a gimmick detox. Make sure you are drinking water (no need to drink it in excess), and let your body do what it was made to do.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Try hot coffee enemas. They won't really do anything to detox you, but I'll be very entertained.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Fatty foods are not harmful in themselves. Too much fat is harmful, in fact too much of a lot of things are harmful, including too much vitamin A. You need to consume these things in moderation. So don't feel that you have poisoned your body or anything like that from eating fat. If you've gained too much weight from excess fat in your body, it's from the quantity of food you eat rather than the kind (although it's a lot easier to eat too much of some kinds of foods than others). To lose it you need to eat less than you burn off, i.e. eat your calorie goal on MFP. Exercise helps because it strengthens your body and keeps it healthy. Plus it gives you extra calories to eat and still lose weight.

Re alcohol, if you have a severe drinking problem, maybe you need a detox. But if you don't then you just have to be careful of the calories in alcoholic drinks, and yes they count and you should log them and stay under your calorie goal. this means you won't be able to drink so much, but unless you have an actual drinking problem, whatever drinks you can fit into your calorie goal without compromising your nutrition (i.e. you still get enough protein, vitamins etc) should be fine. BUt be careful logging the calories. Stick to your goal. Going over once in a while (e.g. for a special occasion) won't harm your progress but being over regularly will.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For starters eliminate all sodas and start drinking only water and some tea, and plenty of it.
    Your organism will do the rest.
    Or, stop drinking tea and start drinking soda. Do you just as much good for a 'detox'.
    Copious amounts of bacon.
    This. Keeping up the good detoxing organism baconistastii levels can't hurt!
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat clean.... low fat, low carbs, lots of veggies for fiber, keep away from processed food, drink lots of water and start taking a probiotic and you will clean your own self out.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Fatty foods are not harmful in themselves. Too much fat is harmful, in fact too much of a lot of things are harmful, including too much vitamin A. You need to consume these things in moderation. So don't feel that you have poisoned your body or anything like that from eating fat. If you've gained too much weight from excess fat in your body, it's from the quantity of food you eat rather than the kind (although it's a lot easier to eat too much of some kinds of foods than others). To lose it you need to eat less than you burn off, i.e. eat your calorie goal on MFP. Exercise helps because it strengthens your body and keeps it healthy. Plus it gives you extra calories to eat and still lose weight.

Re alcohol, if you have a severe drinking problem, maybe you need a detox. But if you don't then you just have to be careful of the calories in alcoholic drinks, and yes they count and you should log them and stay under your calorie goal. this means you won't be able to drink so much, but unless you have an actual drinking problem, whatever drinks you can fit into your calorie goal without compromising your nutrition (i.e. you still get enough protein, vitamins etc) should be fine. BUt be careful logging the calories. Stick to your goal. Going over once in a while (e.g. for a special occasion) won't harm your progress but being over regularly will.

I still like my coffee enema idea, but if you don't, then I'd listen to this. It's a heck of a lot less entertaining for me, but probably a better idea all around for you.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I use the AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse every three months to detox.

You wouldn't by any chance sell this stuff, would you? I'm betting by your response and your banner that you do.
  • My body does it for me...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat clean.... low fat, low carbs, lots of veggies for fiber, keep away from processed food, drink lots of water and start taking a probiotic and you will clean your own self out.
    Or just let your liver do what it does on a daily basis
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

Says the Advocare distributor.

To the OP- Drink plenty of water, get enough fiber, and get some exercise. You don't need to detox. The bloat is water weight and there is no magical product or "cleanse".
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

spam5.jpg
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Are your liver and kidneys broken?

Thx for the awesome belly laugh! That's great :laugh:
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options

This. The only thing I have to add is water
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I hit the drive thru at Taco Bell, it detoxes me completely within a couple hours. outside of that, my organs take care of the rest.

Rigger
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,157 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^
    This!

Unless you have compromised organs, the body does a great job of detoxifying itself.

If you insist on a detox, you could try these. Based on the comments they will clean you right out.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390155773&sr=8-1&keywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Water. Just water. Ok..maybe an ice cube or two. Or sometimes I run it through some ground up coffee beans that have been roasted to a delectable and fragrant dark brown.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lot of jokers with no advice responding.

My advice is get Dr. Weil's 8 Weeks to Optimal Health. As someone who has done a detox on the heels of going on the wagon, I can tell you the first week you will feel terrible while your liver and kidneys wash the toxins out and then you will start to feel wonderful. Start with putting more green vegetables and water in your diet. Then start eliminating the flour based foods. Cut back on red meat and stick to lean clean proteins like chicken, fish, and plant based proteins (spinach, not soy). Go as organic as you can afford to.

Get all the booze and crap food out of the house, and stay away from your toxic friends. Dive into the reading about optimal health and wellness, maybe get in some time at a health club.

Celebrate with a massage, and start loving yourself. May the FORCE be with you.