100 pounds to lose

Options
Hi I am a 47 year old woman that need to lose 100 pounds. I always feel tired and no motivation at all.

Replies

• Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have taken a step in the right direction by joining MFP. I will be 47 in 2 weeks & I want to lose a large amount of weight as well. I know when you look at the numbers it can seem overwhelming & leave you feeling unmotivated. Just take it one day at a time and try not to think of it as "I need to loose 100 pounds." There are many groups you can join which may be helpful in motivating you, giving advice, or just a place to vent when the need arises.

MFP works when you use it. I lost 30 pounds using MFP last year. Then I had a stressful situation in my life & didn't log as I should, which soon led to throwing in the towel. I gained back the 30 plus another 12. I wish I had stuck with it, I would probably have been at goal now if I had. But I learned a lesson, logging works for me!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • cristapp
    Options
    For me, Motivation comes when I get inspired by something or someone. Setting a realistic goal, and knowing how great it will feel once I get to it…motivates me. Inspiration comes also from reading about all the MFP members journeys on here. And exercise gets me motivated not to pig out. I also like to start my day by reading an article or listening to a podcast about fitness/weightloss and hearing about someone's success story. I keep telling myself, we are all the same and face similar challenges for the most part…if others can achieve then so can I! I make it a habit to find regular inspiration to keep me going.