How Do You Detox Yourself?

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Lot of jokers with no advice responding.
    Yeah, I saw those 'eat clean' replies too.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My liver and kidneys do an awesome job of detoxing me.

This, and to add that if my liver and kidneys were ever not removing bad junk from my body as meant to I'd probably have an issue that some fruit flavored waters and kale shakes wouldn't be able fix. Just saying.

^^^^this

if your kidneys ain't detoxing you properly, you'll need this:

dialysis-process-in-man.jpeg
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Yep. mine, too!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

aplausse-joker-Favim.com-369549_large.gif

Why so serious?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You body naturally detoxes itself.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

My advice is get Dr. Weil's 8 Weeks to Optimal Health. As someone who has done a detox on the heels of going on the wagon, I can tell you the first week you will feel terrible while your liver and kidneys wash the toxins out and then you will start to feel wonderful. Start with putting more green vegetables and water in your diet. Then start eliminating the flour based foods. Cut back on red meat and stick to lean clean proteins like chicken, fish, and plant based proteins (spinach, not soy). Go as organic as you can afford to.

Get all the booze and crap food out of the house, and stay away from your toxic friends. Dive into the reading about optimal health and wellness, maybe get in some time at a health club.

Celebrate with a massage, and start loving yourself. May the FORCE be with you.
    Balderdash!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options

Yep
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Ah the detox, the 21st century version of using leeches to suck out disease-causing evil spirits.

OUT for leaches, but if we are bringing back old-fashioned treatments, I might have to start having symptoms of "hysteria".

That said, OP listen to everyone who has advised you to just continue to rely on your liver and kidneys for these functions. They do a great job. If they aren't doing a great job, see your doctor as you might have some serious medical issues.
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    1. Eliminate the following from your diet: alcohol, refined sugars, wheat/gluten-containing grains, dairy, any processed foods. These are the foods most commonly known to trigger food allergies, which can leave you feeling puffy. Do this for three weeks.

BY ELIMINATING GRAINS, ALCOHOL AND SUGARS, YOU GIVE YOUR LIVER A "BREAK" SO IT CAN FOCUS ON DETOXING YOUR BODY AND REPAIR ITSELF.

2. Drink only water, green tea and ginger herbal tea: no coffee, diet sodas, anything like that. Make sure you drink filtered or mineral water.

3. This may seem counter-intuitive, but eat more protein. Just stick to wild fish, chicken breasts, and other lean sources.

If you want to learn more check out Dr. Alejandro Junger's book: "Clean"
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    I think everyone has their right to their own opinion.

Do you seriously think that, for example, eating 1,200 calories of unprocessed, clean natural foods is just the same as eating 1,200 calories of low fat cereal bars and other processed junk? Countless studies have proven that the body digests natural foods better, and that fewer calories are extracted from lean proteins than from carbs and sugars.

A calorie is NOT a calorie! Join the 21st century.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Urinating and defecating on a daily basis.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Do you seriously think that, for example, eating 1,200 calories of unprocessed, clean natural foods is just the same as eating 1,200 calories of low fat cereal bars and other processed junk? Countless studies have proven that the body digests natural foods better, and that fewer calories are extracted from lean proteins than from carbs and sugars.

A calorie is NOT a calorie! Join the 21st century.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts, science, or logic.

If you have studies demonstrating that a calorie is not a calorie we would all be interested in reading them. Try pubmed for starters.

Oh, and let's start with the basic straw man fallacy for your googling pleasure.
  • kkows
    kkows Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't do detoxes. I've tried in the past and it just led to me binging after a couple of days. Now I'm just trying to drink more water and eat healthy foods most of the time.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As above. 'Opinion' based on facts is what interests me.

Got an example of a study that shows that the body disgets 'natural foods better'.
    I was just reading some fructose related studies and the like. The high fibre you find in SOME 'natural' foods means that LESS micronutrients are absorbed.

Do you really think you can generalise all natural foods and all 'processed' foods in to two different separate categories?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Try hot coffee enemas. They won't really do anything to detox you, but I'll be very entertained.

:laugh:
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your organism will do the rest.

:huh:

lol
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I drink water and let my bowels, liver and kidneys do their job.

Seriously, this "detox" stuff is a bunch of malarky, only suitable for "detoxing" your bank account of cash.

Agree completely with that. Get off the booze, drink water, and eat a well balanced meal along with exercise. Nature will give you great detox. Don't spend all the money on that detox crap.
  • seamonsterr
    Options
    Eat clean.... low fat, low carbs, lots of veggies for fiber, keep away from processed food, drink lots of water and start taking a probiotic and you will clean your own self out.

Dont know about antibiotics, but this is the correct answer.
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To actually answer the question - I do like to "detox". After being off the wagon it helps to psychologically reset yourself. My detox is as follows: water, black coffee, boatloads of raw fruit and veggies, lean meats, and nuts. Eating nothing but stuff I'm proud to log for a few days really helps me feel like I'm back on track.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I personally cut all sugar and limit my carbs. I up my water intake and increase veggies/fruit/ lean proteins when I need to detox my bad eating