Ladies: What's your size?

Options

Replies

• BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I haven't really gotten out of my 18s athough they are not so snug ... When did you find yourself REALLY needing a smaller size?

Seems like a lo of us are between size 14-20. You would figure there would be a TON more "plus size" clothes for us! Frustrating

5-7

SW: 242 size 20 2X
    CW: 228 still size 18 2X
    GW: 185 size 14 (maybe a 12) XL

50540473.png
  • shakoriashannon
    Options
    Im 5'0

SW : 215 Pounds
  • shakoriashannon
    Options
    Im 5'0

SW : 215 lbs

CW : 188 lbs

GW : 150 lbs
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    5'4

SW: 234--- Starting Pant/Dress Size : 20-22; Starting Shirt Size: XL

CW: 142--- Current Pant/Dress Size: 6-8; Current Shirt Size: S-M

GW: 128--- Goal Pant/Dress Size: 4-6; Goal Shirt Size: XS-S
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    5'9

SW over 400? 28/30 pants 4x shirt

CW 319 20/22 pants 2x shirt

GW ? will hopefully learn more at my doctors appointment.

it amazes me how different the weight/size ranges can be.
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Before I give my stats, may I just say that it's amazing to me that I promised myself that if I ever got down to a size 12 I'd be happy for the rest of my life with that weight if I maintained it....Now, I'm STILL unhappy and feel fat in size 8-10's! Will us women ever be happy with our sizes as long as the world around us and the media are telling us that we're worthless until we're "perfect"??????

5'5"
    Heaviest was 260, busting out of size 22's

Current weight 153, size 8-10

Goal weight between 140-145, Size???
  • sandiegocali1
    sandiegocali1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Starting weight 320
    Current weight 142
    Goal weight 135
    Size 4/6
  • GagaForever
    Options
    5'1

SW- 222 Pants 14/16 Shirt Large/XL
    CW- 187 Pants 10/12 Shirt Large/ Medium
    GW- 130 Pants 4/6 Shirt Small/ Medium ?

I find it crazy how different all of our sizes are, for the same weight.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and about 140 now. I started at 166. I've been using the same scale all along at the gym. It seems to weigh everything a little over.

I was wearing size 16 pants; now I'm a 10. Shirts were Large. Now medium. Hoping to get back into Smalls like I used to be. It's finally more fun trying on clothes!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    5'3"

S.W. 196 Size 18 pants and XL to XXL tops

C.W. 138 Size 6 to 8 pants (depending on the brand) and Med. top

G.W. was 126 but I decided several months ago that I like where I am so unless I change my mind again, my goal is reached.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

SW (back in 2008): 307 lb, pants were 22 and just one or two 24 (non stretch jeans), 3X shirt. 42DD.

SW (for MFP): 262 lb, pants were 22 and shirts 2X and 3X. 40DD.

At 240 lb I was wearing 20-22 pants and 2X shirt, although some were honestly too baggy. 40DD.

CW: 213 lb, pants 16-18 and shirts 1X or XL (just starting to fit the XL), some 14 dresses and dress pants fit now too. 38DD bra.

My goal weight is fuzzy right now but I wanna say something like 180 and 12/14? XL top or maybe L? Dunno.
    (also edited to add that I'm the type who wears stuff too baggy on the regular, I could probably wear a L shirt right now but I freak if it clings)

These were my answers in Oct. Now I'm 199 lb, pants 16, shirts XL but it's still a crazy deal with shirts. Most (not all) of my 1X are out now - way too big - and even some XL are big on me but some XL are way, way too small for me to wear still. So it looks like I'll have everything around for awhile....L, XL, XXL, 1X.

I wear 38DD bra and lots of M and L pajamas. Just varies by company. I was in Lane Bryant awhile ago and they had NO 14 or 16 item I tried on that wasn't falling off. As stated 14 pounds ago, I do have a couple 14 dresses and dress pants - a few more since that post - but still no 12s and fine with that :-)
  • samiott
    samiott Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW 230's size 18/20 jeans XXL pants Shirts XXL and XL
    CW 192.6 size 14/16 Shirts XL
    GW 120-135 whatever size is most comfy at this point. Will prob still be XL because I've always been top heavy.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I wear size XS or XXS shirts depending on the brand, same as either 0 or 00 bottoms depending on the brand. Brands size things ridiculously these days. I remember five years ago (I was relatively the same size, maybe even smaller because I was younger) I bought a pair of shorts, size 2, fit fine. The nest year I went into the same store for a new pair of size 2 shorts, and they were enormous. The 00 fit perfectly. I had not gained a pound, stores just size things down. I've noticed it more and more.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    SW: 170 size 12
    CW: 145-150 size 6/8
    GW: 130-135 size 2/4
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a pear shaped so I carry a lot of weight in my lower body.
    height=5'6''
    Start weight and current weight: 150. pant size=8 shirt size=Medium
    Goal weight: 130-135. Pant size=4-6 shirt size=small/medium
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'5.5"

SW: 141.5 (heaviest ever, other than during pregnancy- but I was in 3rd tri when I hit this weight)

CW: 137--- Current Pant/Dress Size: 6; Current Shirt Size: S-M

GW: 120--- Goal Pant/Dress Size: 2; Goal Shirt Size: XS
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I wear size XS or XXS shirts depending on the brand, same as either 0 or 00 bottoms depending on the brand. Brands size things ridiculously these days. I remember five years ago (I was relatively the same size, maybe even smaller because I was younger) I bought a pair of shorts, size 2, fit fine. The nest year I went into the same store for a new pair of size 2 shorts, and they were enormous. The 00 fit perfectly. I had not gained a pound, stores just size things down. I've noticed it more and more.

Stores are definitely not sizing down as you describe. As someone who has managed a mass retailer, the general sizes are getter smaller, not bigger.
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    My body type is apple, meaning I gain all my weight in my midsection. Such a bummer because 5 lbs. looks like 10 lbs. on my body. Nonstop stomach! Arg.

Starting weight: 158 lbs., dress size L, pants size 12, shirt size L
    Current weight: 150 lbs. still the same size but pants are fitting looser!
    Goal weight: 135 lbs., dress size M, shirt size M and pants size 10.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options

Stores are definitely not sizing down as you describe. As someone who has managed a mass retailer, the general sizes are getter smaller, not bigger.

Is that not what I said? The number on the tag is going down while the fit stays exactly the same. Whatever the word for it is, that has been my experience, and I know it's happened to others.
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall

SW: 210 lbs
    CW: 180 lbs

Started out wearing a size 20. I just went shopping Friday and bought size 14 pants! I feel that I've lost more inches than the scale would indicate.