Motivation and sticking to a diet

Options
Hello, I am a 17 year old female. I am 5'6 and weigh 175 lb as of now I was 145lb and really want to get back to that weight. I have a hard time sticking to a diet and exercise routine. i'm only active when I play volleyball or soccer. that usually helps me lose some pounds. I was wondering what are some ways that I can lose weight and stick to a diet without digressing back. I really need help, because my weight goes up and down all the time. any suggestions??? :smile:

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 17 year old female. I am 5'6 and weigh 175 lb as of now I was 145lb and really want to get back to that weight. I have a hard time sticking to a diet and exercise routine. i'm only active when I play volleyball or soccer. that usually helps me lose some pounds. I was wondering what are some ways that I can lose weight and stick to a diet without digressing back. I really need help, because my weight goes up and down all the time. any suggestions??? :smile:

The ONLY thing you HAVE to do is eat the appropriate amount of calories each day. You don't have to exercise. You don't have to eat specific foods or avoid specific foods. All you have to do is make SURE you're eating the appropriate amount of calories each day to lose weight. Find out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure [TDEE], and eat 80%-90% of that calorie total each day. That is the simplest method, and the only effort it requires is math, some record-keeping, a little bit of planning, and a little bit of willpower.

I lost 15 pounds eating McDonald's for breakfast every day, with Taco Bell and Wendy's as a regular part of my diet, with ZERO exercise, not even walking. Calories are the real deal. :drinker:
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always suggest to those who have a hard time sticking to a diet to try Paleo. Many people say that it's too restricting, but I find it to be the opposite, mostly because you get to eat awesome whole foods that have so much more nutrition than processed foods. I have had a great amount of success with the lifestyle, including a 26 pound loss in 5 weeks. It might seem hard to give up grains and processed foods, but once you get into it, the lifestyle is amazing. The best part- you NEVER get hungry! The high fat and protein intake keep you full, so you don't feel like you're on a diet, which I find is the hardest part of dieting in general. No one likes to be hungry and feel deprived! Anyway, look into it at least. If it's not for you, that's cool, but it really is a great and healthy lifestyle :) best of luck!!
  • destinym15
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • destinym15
    Options
    thank you very much I'll look into it!