Counting Gum Calories?

Options
Hi everyone--I am wondering if anyone counts sugar free gum or low-calorie drinks like crystal light packets into their daily log. I usually have a couple of sticks of Stride gum a day and maybe a packet of crystal light but I haven't been counting it.

Replies

• sexystaceylynn5
    Options
    Yes I enter all diet beverages and sugar free gum and candy and it helps me knowing I am tracking everything I eat and drink.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    haha i only log gum if i swallow it ;D
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    wow that is dedication. I dont track gum, I think i would if it was crystal light or something like that.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't track the sugar free gum. I don't drink anything but water and coffee (which is tracked) so I don't need to track any other liquids. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum because it's usually only one piece per day and it's 1 calorie and 1g of sugar that I'm probably burning off just chewing the gum.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I dont but, maybe if I was not losing at all maybe
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Nup. I have about 10-15 pieces of gum a week, so that's only 15 cals, and I chew it a LOT lol so it's probably not worth it...
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    that's a negative ghost rider....:noway:

logging gum as food is like logging peeing as an exercise, right?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    if its sugarless no.. if it has sugar or calories yes
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm the gum chewing queen in my family & NO I don't count the sugarless gum I chew,
    but then again I count carbs 95% of the time. :drinker:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Most sugar free gums are actually four calories. And I count the calories because even if you don't swallow it you're still getting all the "stuff" in the gum as you chew it and continually swallow as you chew. If you weigh gum before you chew it and weigh it after, it will weigh less due to having basically "eaten" all of the stuff that isn't just the chewable bit.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I dont count gum or crystal light...they say that gum is a negative calorie food cuz you actually burn more calories while chewing it then what it is worth :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Most sugar free gums are actually four calories. And I count the calories because even if you don't swallow it you're still getting all the "stuff" in the gum as you chew it and continually swallow as you chew. If you weigh gum before you chew it and weigh it after, it will weigh less due to having basically "eaten" all of the stuff that isn't just the chewable bit.

Please tell me you didn't actually do this (weighing your gum before and after)
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lol, this post is hilarious! I like the comparrison to logging your peeing as an excercise. I think it's unecessary, just my bit.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

Please tell me you didn't actually do this (weighing your gum before and after)

lol - no. We did it as part of a science experiment in high school. We learned how to calculate calories in foods and all sorts of food related experiments.
  • cevohs
    cevohs Posts: 1
    Options
    Sugar free gum = 5 calories. You burn more than that chewing it. It's negative calories.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't bother tracking it. It's so low calorie and I don't feel like it does anything to 'fill' me up. So, I don't see the point. Unless I'm chewing several packs a day, but I don't do that lol
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My eyesight is going so I thought the title of this post said something else. :laugh:
  • 62smt
    62smt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way...you didn't gain weight by chewing gum. I wouldn't worry about it. (Long ago advice from a former WW leader.) :-)