Loose weight just by cutting fat and calories?

Options
Okay I had a cancerous tumor on my right siatic nerve a few years a go and there is some nerve and muscle damage. I cannot run, jog, bike, do pushups, there is no place I can swim nearby, situps make me super nauseous, no dancing, no jumping. I can do a few of the exercises on the exercise ball I bought but I am curious to know will I loose weight just by cutting down calories. Not starving myself just eating less and watching sugar and fat content. I gained some weight (just like 10 pounds) And I want to nip it in the bud. I want my clothes to fit as long as possible :P So will cutting calories and the minimal exercise of standing and some cleaning at my fast food job be good enough?

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You need only a calorie deficit. Period.
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    Yes plus standing and cleaning all use calories no matter how little you do.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Fat is delicious, filling, and good for brain and hormone function. Don't try to limit fat intake.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Cutting calories will reduce weight. Cutting fat alone will not. Fats are nutrients your body needs. Eating too little fat is not a healthy balanced diet. You can eat fats and still stay within a calorie deficit to lose weight sensibly and meet your goals.
  • JESUSFREAK0123
    Options
    I did not mean cut out fat completely I just meant cut it down a little I eat a little too much junk food
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    <----doesn't exercise....still loses weight
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    lose
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Cut calories, yes. Only cut fat if you're cutting out trans fat and stuff like that. Healthy fats like avocados and nut butters, etc. are crucial not only for health but for staying full so you don't feel the need to overeat!! Good luck.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You just need a deficit which MFP gives you with no exercise.

Also you will lose weight.

You will make your pants loose.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    As others said

1. Caloric deficit
    2. Don't artificially limit fat
    and I'd add...
    3. Walk
    Health isn't just about weight.
  • JESUSFREAK0123
    Options
    Yes I have looked into foods that either take more to burn than to eat or that keep you feeling full because I have a gigantic appetite which could potentially become a problem once it gets past the stage of eating like an elephant without gaining weight which it appears it is starting to haha