How to eat more calories?

Options
I'm trying to get to 1926 calories after trying to get to 1200 and more recently 1350 calories. I want to do it healthily and not buy eating processed food. I rather it be through wholesome, natural foods.

Thanks for your time.

Replies

• seamonsterr
    Options
    organic vegan refried beans (from a can) wrapped in organic vegan tortilias. I believe each borrito is around 400 calories.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Avocados?
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good fats such as nuts, peanut butter, avocado's. I make protein balls, they're 90cal each.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Fat is where it's at. Just eat full fat versions of the lite or diet stuff you may have been eating.
    Instead of chicken breast have chicken legs/thighs, etc. Use real salad dressing,etc.
  • greggrieves
    Options
    you're asking the right people here, I know how to get way too many calories.
    peanut or other nut butters (almond, hazelnut, cashew etc) are high in good oils
    and loads of trace minerals.

Recent findings are showing that milk fat is not nearly as bad for you as previously thought, so whole (organic) milk and Artisan aged cheeses are delicious and make a great snack.
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0082429

Dark chocolate (80% or more) also has heart healthy fats and is good to have every day.

Seeds of all kinds are also loaded with good fats and are extremely calorie dense. (Just watch out for all the sodium, get unsalted and then salt to taste yourself)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter...the end
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Do what I do: daily chocolate. It fixes my sweet craving, and I ration it out. As long as my calories are in check and I'm getting my daily workout in (albeit, one day of rest on Fridays), I am good. It's been working for me for a long time. :smile:

ETA: go for the organic, natural stuff. I like Chocolove (the raspberries and dark is to die for).