Wearable Fitness Trackers

Options

Replies

• corsiva
    corsiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Force that I wear practically 24/7 (only take it off to take a shower), and I have yet to get any kind of rash or soreness from it. I love this little thing and it has definitely helped me get my butt moving. I think the only people who were having the rashes were people with nickel allergies?
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex I love it very motivating nifty little gadget so long as you know it is not going to be 100% accurate this is something just to motivate you to move more

for people with the rash use some clear nail polish on the metal part my friend has nickle allergies and had to do this with some of her jewelery or like others said electrical tape
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I wear the Fitbit one, it clips to my bra or waist of my pants. No problems with rashes and I love it.
  • Vieve03
    Vieve03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One, I usually clip it to my bra (in the center between the cups) and wear it all day, I've never had a single issue with comfort or rashes. Its awesome and really motivates me to get my 10,000 steps in.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex!! Love mine!! Its thinner and contains no nickle which is what caused those rashes. The difference between the two is the lack of display on the tracker itself. But I can see all my stats on my smart phone and tablet and computer.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit One and never had an issue.
    Also, ones you wear on your wrist are prone to step inaccuracy unless you swing your arms constantly while walk.
    The ones you wear on or near your torso are the most accurate.
  • rmhmartin
    rmhmartin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit ONE b/c I can stick it in my pocket--I think I'd hate having it on my wrist all of the time.
  • oduamy
    oduamy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and wear it clipped in my bra. I am in nursing school and can't have anything besides a basic watch on my arms, so I wanted one that was inconspicuous. I like that it's right there and I can sneak a peek when nobody is watching LOL to see how I'm doing. It syncs with my PC or iPad. It has really motivated me to move more!
  • MelindaBethG
    MelindaBethG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Force & LOVE IT!! I haven't taken it off since I got it and have no issues with a rash (I have very sensitive skin).
  • heatherlynnc123
    Options
    Got a Fitbit One at the end of November and I wear it 24/7 except to shower.

It is extremely motivating because I hate to see the day end below 10,000 steps and will do an extra little bit of exercise before bed to push my numbers over..
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex!! Love mine!! Its thinner and contains no nickle which is what caused those rashes. The difference between the two is the lack of display on the tracker itself. But I can see all my stats on my smart phone and tablet and computer.
    I think the little stainless steel latch thingy on both the Flex and Force contain nickel, like all stainless steel does.

I imagine a very small percent of users get the rash, and if you do, Fitbit will exchange it.

I love my One. I had a Flex for a day and returned it. It's not my aesthetic. Though they're getting Tory Burch replacement bands, I hear.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I also had a fitbit one and I loved that one too!! Just quit working one me for no apparent reason. The fitbit one counts floors where the flex does not.
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use a body media armband,and I really like it
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Ultra and really liked it, but it was very poor quality. Within 6 months, the clip broke in half. Six month later (right after the warranty expired, of course), the entire thing came apart at the seam where the two pieces of the unit are glued together. So, basically, I only got a year's use out of it.

Do you folks who have the One find it to be more robust? I'd like to get another Fitbit, but I don't care for the wrist bands, and I'm hesitant to get another clip-on after the Ultra fell apart. Thanks for your opinions!
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    I also wear a tracker on steps to make sure I get my steps in..
    ( I am the one who has the tendon issue so my foot is not working as it use to work)
    I am try making my 10 thousand steps a day since my injury.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Ultra and really liked it, but it was very poor quality. Within 6 months, the clip broke in half. Six month later (right after the warranty expired, of course), the entire thing came apart at the seam where the two pieces of the unit are glued together. So, basically, I only got a year's use out of it.

Do you folks who have the One find it to be more robust? I'd like to get another Fitbit, but I don't care for the wrist bands, and I'm hesitant to get another clip-on after the Ultra fell apart. Thanks for your opinions!
    I have a Classic, the predecessor to the Ultra, that shares its shape. Mine is four years old and still works but I do feel like one over-stretch and the case might split up the middle, and the display is dim. I also have a One, which does feel more robust. People still complain of losing them but I don't know how. On mine, the clip is so tight I have to really force it onto my clothes. Some say the little rubber case the tracker sits in gets stretched out so I'm careful not to take mine out much. I bought it in Nov. and have taken it out of the case to charge it only once or twice. I don't turn the display on much. It lives in my bra.

Next time you have one that feels cheap or is breaking, contact them and they'll probably help out. People ask them to replace their lost ones or ones they've put through the washer and they often do. Which I think is kind of ridiculous, but whatever.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have a Body Media Fit LINK...the only trouble I have is that sweat gets trapped underneath it and it's a tiny bit icky..but I just wipe the back off with a wet wipe and I've never had any skin trouble. I have fairly sensitive skin, so this is good.
  • c4chaos610
    c4chaos610 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Do you have to have your data on in order for it to sync? How does it all work?
    I looked at the website, but I was hoping to get an input from a consumer.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

It really depends on the model you have. I wear the Bodymedia Fit Core band and have to connect it to my computer to upload which I do 2 or 3x a day. You can add a display that will show your burn however throughout the day. However the Link, I believe, can sync using bluetooth and your smartphone.

I've had my Core since August and I really like it. It not only calculates steps but also calories burned throughout the day. I don't have to worry about trying to calculate my TDEE. It also monitors my sleep patterns which has been helpful. It does have limitations but I have been able to live with them.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

You can download the app for your smartphone and through bluetooth it will sync and give you real time data. That is for the Link. The Core doesn't have that ability and requires you to sync via a computer or there is an optional display device you can buy. I've used the Link for over a year and like it. There are two drawbacks though: 1. You have to pay around $8 a month for the dashboard and 2. It sits on your tricep and is a bit clunky. It's fine during the winter and colder months but it's hard to conceal with short sleeves.

If you are okay with those, then I'd recommend it.