How Do You Detox Yourself?

Options

Replies

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    1. Eliminate the following from your diet: alcohol, refined sugars, wheat/gluten-containing grains, dairy, any processed foods. These are the foods most commonly known to trigger food allergies, which can leave you feeling puffy. Do this for three weeks.

BY ELIMINATING GRAINS, ALCOHOL AND SUGARS, YOU GIVE YOUR LIVER A "BREAK" SO IT CAN FOCUS ON DETOXING YOUR BODY AND REPAIR ITSELF.

2. Drink only water, green tea and ginger herbal tea: no coffee, diet sodas, anything like that. Make sure you drink filtered or mineral water.

3. This may seem counter-intuitive, but eat more protein. Just stick to wild fish, chicken breasts, and other lean sources.

If you want to learn more check out Dr. Alejandro Junger's book: "Clean"

Thank You!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Figures. Derpers gonna derp.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    When I want to seriously detox, I head to White Castle and order lots of sliders, by morning the detox has begun! Works every time!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    When I want to seriously detox, I head to White Castle and order lots of sliders, by morning the detox has begun! Works every time!

Thanx. Now I want a slider!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Thanx. Now I want a slider!

You're welcome!! I want one too but I'm too lazy to drive and get them!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I use the AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse every three months to detox.

Are your liver and kidneys broken?

well...if her/HIS kidneys dont work the OP would be on dialysis and if the liver dosnt work...the OP would be dead!! ..either way...not a good prognosis!!

Was not meant as a prognosis...I was asking because if those are not broken...then why not use them?
  • H4rpy
    H4rpy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ah the detox, the 21st century version of using leeches to suck out disease-causing evil spirits.

OUT for leaches, but if we are bringing back old-fashioned treatments, I might have to start having symptoms of "hysteria".

IN so I can follow this thread and see if anybody else got that joke. Thank you for the evening snortle. :flowerforyou:

No advice for detoxes here. My bod seems to handle that just fine on its own.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Ah the detox, the 21st century version of using leeches to suck out disease-causing evil spirits.

OUT for leaches, but if we are bringing back old-fashioned treatments, I might have to start having symptoms of "hysteria".

IN so I can follow this thread and see if anybody else got that joke. Thank you for the evening snortle. :flowerforyou:

I'm in for....hysteria. :happy:
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I'm in for....hysteria. :happy:

+1 :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    1. Eliminate the following from your diet: alcohol, refined sugars, wheat/gluten-containing grains, dairy, any processed foods. These are the foods most commonly known to trigger food allergies, which can leave you feeling puffy. Do this for three weeks.

BY ELIMINATING GRAINS, ALCOHOL AND SUGARS, YOU GIVE YOUR LIVER A "BREAK" SO IT CAN FOCUS ON DETOXING YOUR BODY AND REPAIR ITSELF.

2. Drink only water, green tea and ginger herbal tea: no coffee, diet sodas, anything like that. Make sure you drink filtered or mineral water.

3. This may seem counter-intuitive, but eat more protein. Just stick to wild fish, chicken breasts, and other lean sources.

350x700px-LL-110965d4_tumblr_mdggx9anlx1r2lb58_zps24c37722.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their right to their own opinion.

Do you seriously think that, for example, eating 1,200 calories of unprocessed, clean natural foods is just the same as eating 1,200 calories of low fat cereal bars and other processed junk? Countless studies have proven that the body digests natural foods better, and that fewer calories are extracted from lean proteins than from carbs and sugars.

A calorie is NOT a calorie! Join the 21st century.

Since there are countless, please post links to some of these studies.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I feel some 'melancholia' coming on, personally. :ohwell:
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My liver and kidneys do an awesome job of detoxing me.

I concur. Eat a reasonable diet and the body takes care of itself.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Usually when I've been eating too much junk food and alcohol, I realize that my body needs fiber... So I just add some fiber to my diet (I love chia seeds on my yogurt!) and my body does the same..

I tried once the master cleanse and my body hated me and I hated the world. Once I did a juice detox... Nothing much there... Actually, I ended up more constipated than ever! (because I had to buy the "extras" that came with the detox).

So now for me, if I feel I've eaten too much I add some chia seeds to my breakfast, hit the gym constantly and drink more water and less soda... Magic!!
  • DamePiglet
    Options

No one should drink stagnant pond water, toilet water or water drained from a radiator.
    Otherwise, tap water is just fine (unless there's a boil water advisory).
    Eat reasonable portions of what you want. Shoot for getting your macros and micros right.
    Don't make over-indulgence a habit.
    Do this for the rest of your life.

For more information, visit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ [any detox thread]
  • DamePiglet
    Options

I feel some 'melancholia' coming on, personally. :ohwell:

Yep. The smell of butthurt is in the air.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Thank You!!

so you lurked on the thread until you got the reply which was what you wanted to hear?

how about trying to find out what the truth is instead? Ya know, so you can save yourself a lot of hassle and expense avoiding so many things that are not necessary to avoid.... as in get the same (or better) results for a lot less difficulty. But anyway, your choice.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Four.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Get a handle on the "big time" alcohol. And eat some healthy food. Drink Water. And move.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate these threads. What exactly is a "detox" anyway? And how does one measure the efficacy of said detox? How does one measure the level of "toxins" (? arsenic? mercury? what?) in the first place? How does measure the level of toxins after the "detox"?