Do you weight yourself during your period ladies?

Options
2»

Replies

• mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself, but I keep in mind that it's my time of the month and the numbers could be a little off. But it keeps me on the straight and narrow so I don't eat like a pig either. :-)
    Same here! I will admit though, I feel a little giddy when I weigh myself after it's over because it's almost like I drop 3 pounds overnight.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! my god i gained 6lbs last time and i was so upset...i just got it today, I will not be weighing myself again until Monday now...I do not recommend it lol it's really hard on the ego. I agree with weighing yourself when it's over though, you feel awesome.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I try not to. It always says I weigh more.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself, log it, get depressed that it's such a HUGE gain, eat something bad then waddle downstairs to the treadmill to burn it off. Rinse, repeat, rinse repeat. WHY I do this to myself I don't know. This cycle was MUCH better than others. I actually had a loss of appetite IDK WHAT happened, but if I could repeat THAT I'd be on a roll.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I did my first weigh-in today, when I got my period, but I don't think I'll do it again. I'd rather not weigh myself when I'm puffed up like a balloon, especially on day one of my period.

I also don't work out on day one of my period. I'm too cramped and nauseous, and I think it's best to keep the irritable, hormonal, whiny monster I become indoors with chocolate and red meat. I don't worry about my weight that day, I just concentrate on feeling better.
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    I weigh myself just to see what my average weight gain is during TOM, but I don't log it in, because it's just water weight and will disappear as quickly as it came once I'm over TOM. Don't stress out about it. It's normal :)

I'm with her. Yes I'd weigh but not record it. I've gone up as high as +3 on some days, I'm afraid.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will be weighing myself anymore during my TOM anymore.. I did this past time, saw the 7lb increase, and about had a stroke on the bathroom floor.

I've been peeing like crazy, so I anticipate that when I weigh myself next it'll all be back to normal, but I can't STAND to see such a high jump. My body is like a sponge like that.

I typically only weigh myself and log (if it's good) once a week, this week obviously excluded.
  • cakeslovesbaking
    Options
    No, I do not weigh myself 2-3 days before my period if I do I always gain3-4 pounds which generally vanishes 2 days into my period. I am sorry to hear you have such bad pain... I do find exercising through the pain helps... either running or swimming.
    If you are worried about swimming get a moon cup, they are fab. Take care xx
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Monday was my second weigh-in, so I weighed myself without thinking about my TOM. I had lost 3.2 pounds my first week, stepped on the scale, and I was almost back to my starting weight! Then I took off my sweater and discovered that it weighs 2 pounds, so that was a little better, but I was at the same weight as I was last week. Maybe that means next week I'll lose a lot!
  • stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Typcially I find most women will retain water and fluid just prior to getting TOM and usually by day 2 of period the extra water weight is gone. I will weigh myself regardless and if you are up then you know why..maybe just enter your last weeks weight for now! :)
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do. Not sure why. I get on the scale, flip it off, & then I go hunt for something salty &/or chocolatey... LOL ;)