Insanity workout-how many calories burned?

Options
I recently started doing the insanity workout. I have been listing it as a hi impact aerobics. Yet I have been doing the work out without the plyometrics, ie like doing a squat instead of doing the jumping movement. Anyone know how many calories are usually burned during these workouts?

Replies

• teebone21
    teebone21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The plyometric exercises are the key to the programs effectiveness. Only issue is if you have bad knees , it might cause injury. If you complete the workout you can burn up to 1000 cal in a hour. It also depends on your starting weight.
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeh knee and back issues so trying to keep it lower impact. Still in a pool of sweat. Weigh 235. I'm writing it in as high impact aerobics into mfp - end up at 750 per hour. Hopefully accurate. Do you think I should log it in as low impact?
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it as low impact without the plyo. You picked a tough workout for having bad knees!

Also, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCCYBNlzUcg
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I measured between 5 and 600 cals with my HRM - was giving it plenty of effort too..
  • ssbmacdaddy
    Options
    Thanks. I will list it as low impact from now on
  • ssbmacdaddy
    Options
    I do a upper body circuit 3 sets 10 reps of chest back shoulders bis tris and pullovers with a 50lb and 30 lb exercise band daily. I do this because I find insanity does not hit those body parts well. I list that as calisthenics - vigorous effort. Do you think that's appropriate.