MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• caviggia
    caviggia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    "Women shouldn't lift heavy... Women shouldn't bulk up..... Do all cardio and a lot of it....."

Forget that!!!

Strong is beautiful!!! Attack those weight ladies!!!

768ac414-9062-4f89-a233-c9d23b176601_zps78c323f8.jpg
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Little bit of FITspiration that I made for myself and thought I would share :) I love the TV show Suits and I adore Patrick J Adams <3

halfadams_run.jpg
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    mb0h34.jpg
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    12061997703_5083d354d4_n.jpg
    12061681765_d0fc432f48_n.jpg

Everyday I work hard, but it's always worth it.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    gwuu.jpg
  • NKoz82
    NKoz82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Rock on!
  • NKoz82
    NKoz82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, very inspiring for a new mommy.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Bump for the awesome!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    12061997703_5083d354d4_n.jpg
    12061681765_d0fc432f48_n.jpg

Everyday I work hard, but it's always worth it.
    FYI: I creeped on all your photos after that. :flowerforyou:
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier today, but someone suggested that I add it to this thread, so here goes!!

We all have sob stories, and yes, it's okay to cry. But it's also okay to pick yourself back up again.

In June 2012 I had a long anticipated surgery for bilateral exertional compartment syndrome. A week in a wheelchair, a long month before I could start running or lifting again, a mild set-back because of an infection in one of my scars, and I was on my way. Not too bad right? Thankfully I'm a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) so I could do my own rehab and monitor my own progression. Nothing better than an ortho saying "you know what to do, take care of yourself". I went from barely being able to walk up a hill (pain, burning, the whole 9 yards) to running 5-6 miles without problems. Aside from being tired of course! Not too bad of a sob story right?

Well - fast forward to August 2013. Remember when I thought there was nothing better than my ortho saying to take care of myself? Well, I was wrong. There's nothing better than being able to call your ortho on a Sunday afternoon right after his family vacation and having him meet you at the hospital to do an emergency surgery. Why? Because on August 10th, 2013 I was bitten by a copperhead. Like the good medical professional that I am, I went to the ER right away. Seems like poisonous snake bites isn't something to ignore. Right? Well, after spending about 14 hours in that hospital, getting told that there was no way I could have been bitten by a snake, and given nothing except improperly administered medication - my left leg was swollen from my toes to a bit above my knee, I couldn't move my ankle/foot, had searing pain when anything touched my leg (couldn't even have a sheet covering it), was nauseated/vomiting my guts out, and felt as though I was being stabbed, and that what was stabbing me had an electric shock on the end. One phone call later, to someone I consider not only one of the best orthopedic surgeons ever, but also a friend, I was on my way for the first of two (but had the potential to be four) surgeries that ended up saving my foot as well as any hope I ever had of running and having a normal life.

So, here I am, not even six months after the scariest weekend of my life. And this morning as I struggled to get through my run, I want to stop and remember how lucky I am. As easy as it is for me to get angry with myself for where I am at now, in comparison to where I was...I remember the relief I felt as my boyfriend (and most amazing man in the world) held my had as I was rolled into the operating room...I remember him telling me how proud he was of me for being strong, both in the hospital and after my first run...I remember seeing my mom's face after she drove about 15 hours across the country to take care of me...I remember how grateful I was to have such a wonderful surgeon who has helped better my life as well as saving all the things I've taken for granted...and I remember my determination to walk out of the woods after being bitten (about 15 minutes, through a stream and up a wooded ravine...

I was determined not to give up then, and I'm determined not to give up now. We all have our sob stories. And it's okay to cry. But don't let those sob stories define you. Because it's okay to get back up.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LOnDCZZl.jpg

Although I'll admit that I still eat a metric *kitten*-tonne of vegetables on a daily basis (we get through around 8-10kg a week between the two of us)

I am in love with you.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier today, but someone suggested that I add it to this thread, so here goes!!

We all have sob stories, and yes, it's okay to cry. But it's also okay to pick yourself back up again.

In June 2012 I had a long anticipated surgery for bilateral exertional compartment syndrome. A week in a wheelchair, a long month before I could start running or lifting again, a mild set-back because of an infection in one of my scars, and I was on my way. Not too bad right? Thankfully I'm a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) so I could do my own rehab and monitor my own progression. Nothing better than an ortho saying "you know what to do, take care of yourself". I went from barely being able to walk up a hill (pain, burning, the whole 9 yards) to running 5-6 miles without problems. Aside from being tired of course! Not too bad of a sob story right?

Well - fast forward to August 2013. Remember when I thought there was nothing better than my ortho saying to take care of myself? Well, I was wrong. There's nothing better than being able to call your ortho on a Sunday afternoon right after his family vacation and having him meet you at the hospital to do an emergency surgery. Why? Because on August 10th, 2013 I was bitten by a copperhead. Like the good medical professional that I am, I went to the ER right away. Seems like poisonous snake bites isn't something to ignore. Right? Well, after spending about 14 hours in that hospital, getting told that there was no way I could have been bitten by a snake, and given nothing except improperly administered medication - my left leg was swollen from my toes to a bit above my knee, I couldn't move my ankle/foot, had searing pain when anything touched my leg (couldn't even have a sheet covering it), was nauseated/vomiting my guts out, and felt as though I was being stabbed, and that what was stabbing me had an electric shock on the end. One phone call later, to someone I consider not only one of the best orthopedic surgeons ever, but also a friend, I was on my way for the first of two (but had the potential to be four) surgeries that ended up saving my foot as well as any hope I ever had of running and having a normal life.

So, here I am, not even six months after the scariest weekend of my life. And this morning as I struggled to get through my run, I want to stop and remember how lucky I am. As easy as it is for me to get angry with myself for where I am at now, in comparison to where I was...I remember the relief I felt as my boyfriend (and most amazing man in the world) held my had as I was rolled into the operating room...I remember him telling me how proud he was of me for being strong, both in the hospital and after my first run...I remember seeing my mom's face after she drove about 15 hours across the country to take care of me...I remember how grateful I was to have such a wonderful surgeon who has helped better my life as well as saving all the things I've taken for granted...and I remember my determination to walk out of the woods after being bitten (about 15 minutes, through a stream and up a wooded ravine...

I was determined not to give up then, and I'm determined not to give up now. We all have our sob stories. And it's okay to cry. But don't let those sob stories define you. Because it's okay to get back up.

thank you for posting this... the part in bold made my eyes leak.

*hugs*
  • swtrbkhRN
    Options
    BUMP
  • Moiaa90
    Options
    Great Motivational video! Have a look everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzm6TEManmQ
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is last night, during my first run in the snow :smile:

snowrun.jpg

That is an amazing photo!

Thanks :blushing: just my cellphone and a little inspiration seeing my tracks on my way back!

Love it! I took a pic of my footsteps on Sunday while I was out for a run. We were home for a visit and was snowing beautiful big fluffy flakes... no wind... very few cars... I couldn't resist sneaking out for a quick run before dinner!

I wish my photo had as much impact as yours! Nice work!
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    ta04.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    yl15.jpg

I love this! The image that speaks loudly without needing words!!!
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    yl15.jpg

I love this! The image that speaks loudly without needing words!!!
    Did that this morning - gotta love those NSV's!
  • RedDirtGirl16
    RedDirtGirl16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump :bigsmile:
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This quote really hits home because, even at 3 years old, my little man never misses a thing! Hubby & I took turns pushing him in the stroller while we did c25k - which means he was there most of the times I felt like giving up. Knowing that we were working to introduce him to an active lifestyle often gave me the boost I needed to keep going.

39705895_2019.jpg

I took the photo in November before before a storm made it too dangerous to take the stroller on our favorite trail. It represents a couple of things that makes me pretty proud: it's a memory of a fun day with my son; it shows us outside on a chilly day instead of hiding in the house; it shows that I'm trying to "get into the picture" more instead of hiding behind the camera. It also reminds me of a run where, even though I struggled to finish, I managed to get a new PR. So, even though it isn't the most flattering photo of me (and I'm really bad at selfies), I'm really glad to have it.