Any tall women out there?

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I'm 5'11 started off at a 20 heading to a 22 and now I am in between size 8 and 10 (more happy being closer to a 10). It took me about one year - I never thought I could get to this size. The smallest I have been was a 12 in high school and early years of college.

With patience and consistency it can happen.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Hey! I'm 5'11", started as 247lbs and got down to 165. I'm maintaining around there trying to lower my body fat % so I'm not so skinny fat. Anyways, here are some pictures. I started wearing size 20 pants and now I'm wearing a size 8! I like the size I am now, I just don't wanna be so mushy or have love handles. lol

Best of luck!

3819ce29-dbff-4e30-afd5-b4cb8dcb596a_zps339a5037.jpg
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Hello fellow tall ladies ^^

I am 5'11" and I think a mixture of my build and high BF% makes my stats not exactly normal...lots of ladies my height stop at the weight I'm currently at now and are at a few sizes smaller than me :_____( I'm still trying to lose more fat and have been delving into the weight training world

START
    210lbs
    BF- definitely over 30%, exact number not known
    Dress size- 17/18
    Waist to hips also unknown :/

CURRENT
    161lbs
    BF- 26%
    Dress size- generally 12, but sometimes 14
    Waist to hips ratio- 30/39

And btw, my goal weight is 150, may go down to 145 for maintenance purposes and keep it always under 150. I would love to see a size 8 so that I can be considered single digit sizes, but even if I stay at 12 or go down to 10 I'll just be happy if I look good in the mirror ^^

Feel free to look at my profile photos
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    I'm 5'11" and started at 281. I've been fluctuating between 207-210 since the fall. I started at a tight 22 (like another poster, I refused to move up a size) and now wear anywhere from a 12 to a 16 depending on the brand and a L or XL shirt, again depending on the brand.

Using the weights has been awesome for my body composition. I weigh the same, but my measurements and clothing sizes have dropped like crazy.
  • scubabetty
    scubabetty Posts: 22 Member
    5'11" here and in a (very!) snug size 18. Like a lot of these ladies, I'm refusing to cross into the next size. I went through a bunch of old clothes over christmas that were size 10/11 from high school and was horrified to see how much bigger my current clothes are. I know that I have been that thin, and I believe I can be again!

I'm always looking for new (especially tall!) friends. Feel free to add me!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Hey, I'm 6'1.5" and I wouldn't call myself a success story yet, although I'm now 5kg down from where I started. The trouble is I keep losing the same couple of kilos! But I'll beat it down soon enough :)

I'm currently wearing an Aussie 15 in jeans, but have a pair of Gap jeans in a US 12. As of this morning I weigh 89kg (196lb), and my scales told me my body fat was 30.1%. So close to being under 30%!!!

Before I began to eat my way through the demise of a messy relationship I was sitting at 78kg (172lb) and was fitting into an Aussie 12 in jeans (so, I guess a US 8?).

EDITED: I topped out at 94kg (207lb) mid last year before I decided that enough was enough. I was still wearing a (different) pair of US12 jeans, but they were stretched beyond belief and I was oozing out of them so I was at least 1-2 sizes bigger in reality. And now that I know what I look like at that weight, I'm pretty sure that I've weighed well over 100kg (220lb) in the past but just not weighed myself. One summer while I was at uni I spontaneously lost 10kg. I can only assume it was because I wasn't drinking beer or eating all the yummy take-away foods my campus had to offer! It just goes to show that small changes to your lifestyle can make huge changes to you :)

I'm not at all muscular, though, and have no bum to speak of, so all my days of thinking I just had a solid build are behind me. It turns out I'm built like my dad (tall, skinny) not my mum (tallish, solid).

Good luck and feel free to add me! :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    my sister is 5'11 and she's about 155. she's a size 8/10 now. she used to be over 200lbs and wore a size 14/16.

you can do it! :drinker:
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and started out at 268lb wearing a UK size 22-24, I'm now 225lb and in a UK 18 :) I need to lose another 50lb to reach my goal, feel free to add me anyone who needs new pals! :)
  • hexy87
    hexy87 Posts: 1
    I am 5'9", at my biggest size I was 220lbs and I wore size 22/20. I am currently 168lb and I wear a size 14/15.
  • I am 5'9.25" :) wow so many tall women!
    I started at 135 lbs and have reached my goal weight of 115. In fact now I am 110lbs. I am proud of my achievements but definitely don't want to go any lower! At 135 I was a size 7 and now I am a size 2. You can do it if you really want to!
  • Chrelaine
    Chrelaine Posts: 5 Member
    I am 5'11". I'm just getting started. I've been really trying for two weeks. I started at 218lbs and I am wearing size 16 pants. My current goal is 175lbs. I was a size 8 for a very short time about ten years ago. I would like to get there again!
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    I am 5'10 -- Have been as high as 198 (in University) but was 187 when I got married. Lost a bunch before kids but a year after my third child I was 171 and not happy. Right now I am around 160 and am trying to get to my pre-pregnancy weight of 152. I would ideally like to be at 145.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'11" and at my heaviest, was pushing 260. At that weight I was a size 16/18.

I'm down to 230 as of yesterday morning and I wear an 11/12 now. My goal weight is 180 and I'm thinking that will put me around a size 6. I'm very curvy and have a heavy frame- my wrists are ~7 inches in circumference.

The below photo is from about 4 lbs ago so I've lost more since then.

Don't put yourself down and tell yourself it can't be done before you try. Also, it's more about how you feel and things fit, rather than defining things by numbers you see on the scale or on your pants tags. Persevere!

e8cd1a4a-cb93-4f15-9f35-740bef1b0189_zps744d63af.jpg
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    ,l
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Hey Lady :)

I am 6 feet 1/2 an inch. My highest weight that I am aware of was 200, but I bet it could have been a little more. I wore a size 12/14 pants at that height and weight. I am now drifting between 174-179lbs and wear a size 8/10.

If you have a twitter acct, I track my progress on there and also post recipes/workouts/etc. But most of my pics will be there besides my avi on here. My twitter is @Healthy_Hunnie .. Feel free to add me :) That goes for anyone!!

Hope this helps! :)
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Hello

I am 5'10" tall. Starting weight 279lbs, currently 273lbs. I wear a Canadian size 18 pants, 2x or 3x top- depends on how it is made. i have broad shoulders and long arms so clothes shopping is always an issue.

The smallest I have been in recent years is 200lbs wearing a size 14 and I was 165lbs at 18 wearing I think a size 10/12.

I will add that sizing changes over the years from manufacturers and none are consistent so I wouldn't use that as a gauge. I weigh myself and take measurements.
  • Equi_nuts
    Equi_nuts Posts: 8 Member
    I am 6'2ft, 29 years old and a size 16/18. re starting my journy to weight loss as of this week. I love to exercise but recently broken my arm so slightly hindered. Looking for any tall ladies who would like to share journeys. Feel free to add me x
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Hey Hey!

I'm just under (a hair under) 5'10. I always use 5'10 in calculations because it's so close. ANYWAY..

I'm between 182-184lbs (hate the fluctuations). I wear a size 10 pant sometimes a 12.. sometimes an 8 but rarely.

Looking to get down to 175. Think I have an UGW in mind of 165 BUT still unsure.

Heaviest weight was 213! I've been maintain a weight loss for a few years now but I keep fluctuating up and down. I would like to finally lose the last little bit I have to lose!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Hey There,

5'10" And started at 197lbs and a size 14 pants, large top
    I am on my way to 160-165ish where I will be a size 8 pants, 6 dresses and medium top. I don't care what I weigh, just know I feel good when I am a certain size.
  • 6 ft here and 145 lbs. Pant size 6 or 8 (Canada). Jeans size 27-29 depending on rise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!