Detox Water

Options
Has anyone tried this detox water with the cucumbers and lemon??? Just curious!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've had water with cucumber and lemon on many occasions. It tastes delicious.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif

That's about as effective as it gets.
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif

That's about as effective as it gets.

I do this on a daily without the water!
  • nikkim19781
    Options
    I'll have to give a try then.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yes! It totally works! I drank one cup of Magic Lemony Cucumber Water and I lost 50 pounds overnight. But you have to use Magic Cucumbers or it doesn't work, and they're hard to get since they only grow in Argentina and can only be harvested on February 29th, so you have to wait until 2016.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Have you not seen any of the recent detox threads?? If not, search function works well.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It adds a nice flavour to water, but it wont give it magical detoxing powers.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I've had a friend at work try the lemon/cucumber/mint "detox". She said it tasted horrible.
    I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to do though...
    Just drink mojitos and call it a day
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    Yes! It totally works! I drank one cup of Magic Lemony Cucumber Water and I lost 50 pounds overnight. But you have to use Magic Cucumbers or it doesn't work, and they're hard to get since they only grow in Argentina and can only be harvested on February 29th, so you have to wait until 2016.

tumblr_myxkkrmiU01s9s38io1_250.gif
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wow- I read this thread cos I thought detox water sounded fun!

but my god am I disappointed in the rather sarcy and unhelpful responses. I thought this was a place of help!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

I thought this was just staying hydrated.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

but my god am I disappointed in the rather sarcy and unhelpful responses. I thought this was a place of help!

i think people are tired of having to point out 3-4 times every day that detoxes are a scam and don't work- so everything has spiraled into sarcasm.
  • hlopez_
    hlopez_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do lemon water in the morning half an hour before eating. Helps to promote an alkaline environment, and drinking water before eating also aids in organ function.
  • nikkim19781
    Options
    Have you not seen any of the recent detox threads?? If not, search function works well.

LOL! Seriously? Are you having an EXTRA bad day? If you were going to post such a negative answer, why answer at all?

I hope you have a better day and good luck with your weight loss! :)
  • fbmandy55
    Options

There has been a thread going on this subject all morning... and probably 20 threads a day everyday.

Like I said earlier, I saw a friend on pinterest pinned some Dr Oz honey/lemon detox that claims you can lose 20lbs in 10 days. IT's just absurd to think that anyone would actually believe that crap.
  • rduhlir
    Options

Help doesn't not mean agreeing with everyone. If someone who just started running yesterday said they were going to run a marathon tomorrow you won't see me saying "Oh, yes that is a great idea." Blind support can be just as harmful as no support.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Did nothing for me
  • rduhlir
    Options

LOL! Seriously? Are you having an EXTRA bad day? If you were going to post such a negative answer, why answer at all?

I hope you have a better day and good luck with your weight loss! :)

That wasn't negative...just blunt.
  • ThePoopsnacker
    ThePoopsnacker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I PUT BACON IN MY WATER ! ! ! FUNNY, HUH ?!?!?! BACON IS FUNNY ! ! !
  • nikkim19781
    Options
    I completely agree! Which is why I DO NOT post in these forums often. Most of the answers are sarcastic and extremely uncalled for. If you have seen such a post over and over then DO NOT respond! It takes much less effort to roll your eyes at the keyboard than it does to answer so negatively! I wish these folks well though!