Am I losing at a good pace?

Options
I first made the decision to lose weight in the beginning of August when the scale hit a scary number. The first few weeks I ended up gaining five pounds, but soon lost it going back to my starting weight. I then joined MFP in early October and have since lost 9 of the 34 pounds I'm trying to lose. In other words, 9 pounds in about 6-7 weeks. Weeks 5 and 6 felt very stagnant, even went up a pound or two and now I'm sloooowwwwwllly but steadily losing. Is this normal?

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.

For a female of average height and not obese 1lb per week is a really good pace.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is especially normal if you are only cutting calories & not exercising.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're losing at all, it's a good pace :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, keep up the good work.
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you're losing at all, it's a good pace :)
    I agree! :smile:
  • annapaps
    annapaps Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :happy:

I do exercise, in fact, I have always been active, but MFP is helping me count calories and to be more conscious of what is going in my body. I didn't realize how much I was really eating before, even when I thought I was being good.

I guess my main concern is when I should expect to be near my goal weight. It's looking like a six month journey or so, and is that normal?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there's no way of really telling. Our bodies do funny things when they think they are under attack, like plateau, or even gain weight. Just take it a day at a time, revel in the small triumphs, and gloat about the big ones :)
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Losing it slow will help you to keep it off.