Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So many chemicals...

ingredients-of-all-natural-blueberries-poster.jpg?w=400&h=400

I can't pronounce a lot of those ingredients so I definitely can't eat blueberries!!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The fresh air part looks bad too. I should also stop breathing.
  • Overcomer68
    Overcomer68 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Our natural bodies produce their very own chemicals and some more than others. :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Blueberries are made for stuffing up your nose, silly. Who actually eats them? :laugh:
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The only foods without chemicals are Chocolate, Bacon and Rum :bigsmile:

OT: These foods go together so well.

One of my favourite desserts is a banana with a little bit of spiced rum, wrapped in foil and baked for about 10-15 minutes... then drizzled with melted dark choc, with a crispy bacon rasher crumbled over the top.

Bonus lack of chemicals.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking the other day I needed to find something like this for all future "evil chemicals" threads. Organic chemistry for the win!

Also, need one for apples, cause you know, arsenic and what not....
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because they taste bad. Frauding fruits!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Unless you consume them within 3.14 minutes after a vigorous fasted workout. Then your body recognizes the added sugar as pie, and since pie is a good thing, begins to immediately shed fat and toxins.

Recognises it as Pi?

No no - although that's a common misunderstanding. Literal pie. 3.14 is the Pi Time Factor that causes the added sugar to change molecular shape & chemical formula while remaining sucrose. That change is what lets the body see it as pie and thus direct fat & toxin response. It's a very complex biochemical process.
    :drinker:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I love that the last ingredient is FRESH AIR (E941), (E948), (E290).
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    *sticks finger down throat* damn just had some!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    What the hell, man?! You ruin everything with your helpfulness. *stomps off and starves to death*

:wink:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Science for the win.

motherslittlehelper.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Science for the win.

motherslittlehelper.jpg

What a drag it is getting old. That song has been going through my head since you posted that pic.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! And you do know that "aqua" is one atom away from being a deadly poison!
  • widget8734
    Options
    For chezjuan ... people actually do die from drinking too much water!
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/
    Down here in the southern hemisphere, inexperienced tropical bush walkers get into this situation. They're sweating a lot as they walk through humid jungle, so they think they should keep drinking, even though they aren't thirsty. Big mistake! Trust your body ... it knows how to tell you when you need water!

For the guy who decided bananas were better than blueberries (to avoid all of those nasty blueberry chemicals) ... sorry pal ...
    http://jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/ingredients-of-an-all-natural-banana/

The bottom line: EVERYTHING you have ever eaten and every drunk is 100% made of chemicals! We MUST eat and drink chemicals, or we will die very quickly (it's called starvation!). Even water is a chemical. Since all fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat etc (any food or drink) are 100% chemicals, and >99% of all foods (yes, this includes 'organic') contain at least something toxic, our bodies are perfectly adapted to cope. As with all poisons, there are harmless doses that we all ingest every day (and cannot possibly avoid).

If you are hysterical about chemicals, you will find a reason not to eat every food item in existence. Chemicals are natural! Even arsenic and cyanide (in apples). Your bodies are also faintly radioactive due to potassium (without which, you'd be dead), not to mention that you create formaldehyde as a by-product of being alive. Chill, people! Just don't go around purifying, concentrating, and then ingesting copious quantities of the substances in quantities that will produce toxicity, you should be fine (food allergies excepted) ... like billions of people before you.
    :tongue: