"Second boobs"???? Anyone??

Options
Ok, does anybody else have what I call "second boobs"? Fat bits under my boobs, it's like the fat should have gone to my boobs but just missed it and are trying to create another set!!

All joking asides I have been seen by a doctor and diet people and they just said its where my body likes to store the fat! But it's literally disgusting. My belly wouldn't look as bad (still bad atm) without them. No matter what size I am they are always there!

Anybody else got these?? Even better, anybody had them and got rid of them?? Any exercises to reduce them? They are my most depressing thing, and a family joke! :(

Should add they are actually 2 inches bigger than my waist and stick out!

Any help greatly appreciated!! :happy:

Replies

• greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I totally know what you are talking about!

Sad to say there is no exercise to get rid of them, only a calorie deficit will result in fat loss all over. No spot reducing. It's slowwww I know, they are seriously the last thing to disappear, but I'm finally seeing some progress.

On the other hand, I have come to the realization that I just have a very prominent rib cage that sticks out. I don't think I'll ever be able to have it be completely smooth like others, but that's mainly due to my bones and not so much due to fat there. You may be a similar body type!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in….for multiple sets of boobies
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Noo don't say there's no exercise :(! There needs to be! :sad:
    But I am glad your seeing progress, gives me some hope! I've even added them into my measurements to see if they go down haha!!
    I wish it was just rib cage. Whilst that does stick out, it's little pockets of yucky fat. xx
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies
  • Marievine81
    Options
    I don't get them on my boobs but i get like fat pockets on my hip bone, not nice, but i have to say as the weight is coming off they are going down slowly.
    I was told by the doctors that they would go as i lost weight.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    in….for multiple sets of boobies

:laugh:
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always joked that mine are an extra set of upper abs, lol ;)

Mine pretty much went away once I managed to get below about 150lbs (trying to get back there now - grrrr). I've found that swimming and stretching exercise like yoga help out a lot on my chest and upper body. Shoulder work also helps with the oh-so-lovely "back fat" that always accompanies my "second boobs" ;)
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I totally know what you are talking about!

Sad to say there is no exercise to get rid of them, only a calorie deficit will result in fat loss all over. No spot reducing. It's slowwww I know, they are seriously the last thing to disappear, but I'm finally seeing some progress.

On the other hand, I have come to the realization that I just have a very prominent rib cage that sticks out. I don't think I'll ever be able to have it be completely smooth like others, but that's mainly due to my bones and not so much due to fat there. You may be a similar body type!

I'm the same way! I have always had my "second set of boobs" right under my bra band. But as I've lost weight they are FINALLY starting to disappear. But, as they've gotten smaller, I've realized I have a VERY prominent rib cage. It comes out quite a bit, especially when I'm laying down. My stomach is almost concave between my ribs and hips (they are starting to stick out as well). Its nice to know I'm not alone!!!

a90d2b13-23d7-448f-860b-bbf230fe9fdd_zps871334ed.jpg

But like everyone has said, theres no way to spot reduce. Cardio is what I think has helped my midsection trim down the most. And 16 months of hard work (:

(edited for picture resize!)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I think it is a rib cage thing. I had this issue, and now I don't, but I do have a prominent rib cage, so that area is still noticeable, even though it's not covered in fat any more. It's also very common (try googling it for images). You just have to lose the fat all over, and eventually it'll go away from there.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have what you are talking about but only on the left side. I was extremely overweight 411+ lbs at one point in my life and I've deduced that its because I am right side dominant, meaning I did more working with my right hand, right leg while I was gaining the weight. When I lost a large portion of it, it turned into a loose skin area, then i gained a little back and it puffed out again but only in that spot. I agree with what everyone else is saying, your body gains weight in funny places. I have unruly back fat (its terrible, really) but it's slowly going away as I work out more and eat better. Just keep on keeping on and it will go away for the most part. I have had to change my perspective on my body image because once your 411+lbs and have had skin removal surgery you just have to accept that it's never going to look how you pictured it in your head. I try to focus more on health than how my body looks but I understand what you're going through. Good luck to you.
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha! I can relate, bump!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yep I got em! As other people have said they really only go away once your overall body fat is reduced unfortunately.
  • juleschristenberry
    Options
    Mine aren't under my first set, mine are to the sides of them, like under the armpit area. So it's like I have the two in front and then one on each side to wrap around me, lol. I just try not to let them bother me because I know as I keep losing weight and toning those areas that it will get better. Good luck to you! :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't get those "second boobs," but when I lose weight, my boobs are the first thing to shrink. :sad:
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know this post is old!! But i have them soooo bad!!! Its ruining my life!! I have a server case!!! Its so embarrassing! !!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I know this post is old!! But i have them soooo bad!!! Its ruining my life!! I have a server case!!! Its so embarrassing! !!

First of all, holy necro thread! (At least you knew it was old when you bumped it.)

Second of all, I hope you were exaggerating when you said a couple of bits of fat are ruining your life. If not, please consider some activities that might help you gain some perspective (like volunteering with the homeless or at a children's hospital). You appear to be overly focused on this one area of your body (I saw the new thread you started as well). It's probably not even visible when clothed.

Practical advice: reduce body fat. Lift to build lean mass. Work on your body image, because it appears to be a bit skewed.
  • vmtdawn
    vmtdawn Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have them. Took a sharpie and drew nipples on them, but they're just not the same as the real thing. =( lol