"Manly" Women Unite!

LuLuChick78
LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
I am sick and tired of reading that girls with muscles are manly. If you personally do not like it, then don't attempt it!

I work my freaking *kitten* off trying to build muscle. As a woman who doesn't use steroids to do so it is a VERY slow process. It takes time, effort and dedication. To hear other women fret about looking "manly" and how they don't want to wake up one day ripped to shreds with bulging muscles is very insulting, naive, uneducated, etc, etc, etc.....

Please educate yourselves before making broad generalizations about a body type that you seem to know nothing about nor wish to attain.

Here are my "manly" muscles. I am quite proud of what I have accomplished in just one year of lifting. I look like this flexed, but unflexed you wouldn't really notice my arms....just saying.

f5704fb4-a257-4a7c-865e-855b81ede54f_zps7607a756.jpg?t=1390249723

End rant.

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I was distracted by your rack :love:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    :laugh:
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Sick.
    I didn't even know it was possible for a woman to look this manly.
    You should be ashamed.
    <3
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    I'm just distracted in general.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    IN!

So I can see the pics later!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    <<<< 9 months of work and this is all I have built.:( well that will all change when I start to eat to build!

Edit to add: in on first page!
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    good thing you aren't wearing anything sparkly - then Id be really distracted...
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    I have the exact opposite problem, - I want to look manly but won't do anything about it. Props to your manliness.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    1344283359_8707_mm.jpg?itok=PirfCw3w

marilynbarbell05ja-1.jpg
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member

This!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Being bi is awesome.
    Manly women, girly dudes~ whatever
    Hotties are hot ;)

You look great!
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm a manly work in progress...totallllly joining in!! Luluchick, you know you're my hero.. :love:
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    I am sick and tired of reading that girls with muscles are manly. If you personally do not like it, then don't attempt it!

I work my freaking *kitten* off trying to build muscle. As a woman who doesn't use steroids to do so it is a VERY slow process. It takes time, effort and dedication. To hear other women fret about looking "manly" and how they don't want to wake up one day ripped to shreds with bulging muscles is very insulting, naive, uneducated, etc, etc, etc.....

Please educate yourselves before making broad generalizations about a body type that you seem to know nothing about nor wish to attain.

Here are my "manly" muscles. I am quite proud of what I have accomplished in just one year of lifting. I look like this flexed, but unflexed you wouldn't really notice my arms....just saying.

f5704fb4-a257-4a7c-865e-855b81ede54f_zps7607a756.jpg?t=1390249723

End rant.

I approve this rant!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    You look hot, Luluchick!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I always tell these women who are afraid of gaining muscle not to worry about it because they're probably far too lazy to ever have to deal with such a problem anyway.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    1344283359_8707_mm.jpg?itok=PirfCw3w

marilynbarbell05ja-1.jpg

Love love love!!!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    I always tell these women who are afraid of gaining muscle not to worry about it because they're probably far too lazy to ever have to deal with such a problem anyway.
    So much truth!
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    I too am a manly work in progress!
    Lifting for 2 years and I don't think I will ever stop.
    I love my muscles, I love that I can carry all my grocery bags to the car and I love that I don't have to rely on a man for opening a jar or moving something heavy.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

This is always my view. I just don't get that whole "OMG, I one time saw a body builder and blahblahblah I don't wanna look like that!!!" thing, when is most cases the person saying it won't ever see a low enough body fat percentage to look like a body builder. Hell, most of the time they have a tough enough time being at a *normal* body fat percentage.