Ugh! Time to start working...

Options
Hi. I am a 34 year old mom of 3. My youngest is going to be 5 at the end of January. I have been saying since she was born, that it was so much harder to lose the weight after my 3rd (I was only 21 when I had my first and I felt like the weight fell off me then). Now that she's turning 5, my excuse of "I had a baby" may be getting old :)
I recently started a new job working from home and now I don't have any more excuses. I've started going to Body Pump classes 3 days a week and I really enjoy it. The eating heathy is the harder part. I'm getting there though. I really want to lose about 20 pounds, but I don't even care so much about the number. I want to look better. I want to go away for our anniversay in May and not be so self consious laying on a warm beach somewhere!
I tend to start working out and eating better and do ok for about 2 months and then I fall off the wagon....gain twice as much as I lost....and start again 6 months later. I don't want to do that this time. I want to keep this up! Any help/motivation ideas would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• cyndycyn1965
    cyndycyn1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cynthia! I have been battling with my weight for over 20 years, I've decided I've had enough!! I realized I needed to stop worrying about losing the weight quickly and focus more on taking it one day and one step at a time; it's working!! It has been 2 weeks since I started this new journey and I have lost 6lbs so far, I am really excited!!! I also exercise at least 5 days a week and I'm actually starting to enjoy it, and I strive to stay within or under my daily calorie goal. I wish you the very best, and HANG IN THERE, it will be well worth it!!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have a 5 year old too and it took me a few years to get serious, so I know the feeling. Now I've fallen off and am getting back into it again! Best of luck to you. feel free to add me if you'd like!