100 sit ups a day? Too Much?

Options
2»

Replies

• lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The best ab exercise ever is 15 sets of stop eating so much crap.

Most other exercises use your abs. If they don't, you are probably doing it wrong.

You can't do too many situps. You wanna do 'em, do 'em. Just know that most people think they are unnecessary.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    What's "light arm exercise"
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Allyme123
    Options

When i run use 5 lb weights up and down side to side pretty much anyway possible while running. I'm not really sure if it helps with anything but i know i'm sore from it lol. I really just want to tone as i'm losing. i'm not really sure if that possible?
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    ......but.........why?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh my...first the shoulder chick, then the leg girl, now this.

Should've taken that bingo bet.
  • Allyme123
    Options
    ......but.........why?

I'm a little confused......Why what?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

When i run use 5 lb weights up and down side to side pretty much anyway possible while running. I'm not really sure if it helps with anything but i know i'm sore from it lol. I really just want to tone as i'm losing. i'm not really sure if that possible?

Oh dear. Put the 5 lb weights down. Stop running. Pick up something MUCH heavier. You're not going to "tone" anything with 5 lb weights. I can bench 80 lbs and overhead press 59 just to give you an example of something heavier.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

This is not good. You're probably doing more damage than good (joints). Look into a solid lifting program New Rules, Strong Lifts, etc..... This will help you maintain muscle mass as you lose fat.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are doing approximately 100 sit ups more than you need to.
  • remorckable
    Options
    I had a trainer back in 2009 and met with her 3 x a week. We always did ab exercise, but that was minimal. You can't zero in and just flatten your abs. Your abs will flatten if you've been exercising your whole body, dieting and doing weight lifting. Probably not necessary to do 100 sit-ups a day. I do an 8-minute workout of ab exercises I found on Youtube. Try to do it every other day or maybe every day. Can't hurt and 8 minutes isn't a big deal.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    ......but.........why?

I'm a little confused......Why what?

We are both obviously confused. Your confusion is confusing me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    OMG, get one of the SlimBelts. Takes the work right out of it. You don't even need to do a sit up. Zap the flab away :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    OMG, get one of the SlimBelts. Takes the work right out of it. You don't even need to do a sit up. Zap the flab away :)

Or one of these

1zox0ds.gif
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just tried that Blogilates! That was tough but quick! Fun to do those little videos online.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer back in 2009 and met with her 3 x a week. We always did ab exercise, but that was minimal. You can't zero in and just flatten your abs. Your abs will flatten if you've been exercising your whole body, dieting and doing weight lifting. Probably not necessary to do 100 sit-ups a day. I do an 8-minute workout of ab exercises I found on Youtube. Try to do it every other day or maybe every day. Can't hurt and 8 minutes isn't a big deal.

I'm guessing it wasn't sit ups though. My trainer would never people do sit-ups. There's core exercises that are much more effective, and hit more muscle groups. Planks, for example. 5 60 second planks are going to do SO much more than 100 sit-ups ever would, and take about the same amount of time.
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Or one of these

1zox0ds.gif

That looks like you're about to grill your abs! Creepy!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Better off doing other stuff. Planks are MUCH better. Work your whole body rather than focus on one part.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Sit ups are sooooo 1986. I don't do any, I get my workout from my strength training. New rules of lifting for women.

I used to do loads, but nothing's worked as well as diet, bulking and running.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    :laugh: proper pppppfffffff moment. Ta!