Is anyone else doing INSANITY?

Today will be day 2 for me, this is my 2nd try at the program. Last time I only got a little over a week into it. I am really going to do my best and stick it out for the 60 days. Is anyone else Doing Insanity now? Its always good to have people on your friends list that are doing the same program to keep eachother supported and motivated to keep going when it gets hard! I have 60+ lbs to lose and didnt want to start with 30 DS again I want to do something that changes everyday and that really pushes me!

Replies

• I'm starting tomorrow
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Woohoo :) We can Keep eachother Motivated!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Yes ma'am! Starting week 4. I typically only do 5 days/week instead of the 6, and I replace Cardio Recovery with a 90 minute ballet class. It's a fantastic workout and it's crazy how quickly it whips you into shape! I am DREADING next month though, not gonna lie!
  • I start it but something always comes up so i don't tend to stick at it
  • I'm meant to be on week three but am mid-way through week two. I'm switching it up a bit though - if I do a good amount of other exercise , I skip insanity but pick up the following day.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    I'm not doing it exclusively, but I do have it in my rotation.
    I created an program in Microsoft Excel that picks my nightly workout at random.

I have found it an excellent way to keep the dust from settling on my workout programs.
  • AliB118
    AliB118 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm starting it next week! I'm always a quitter when it gets tough, so it will be interesting to see if I stick to it. I'll add you!
  • I just started last week. I had to modify the first week and only did four workouts plus a 2 hour walk. I work a moderately physical job and didn't want to end up too sore to function. This week I'm aiming for five workouts and a shorter walk.

I've had an on-again-off again relationship with fitness for almost a decade now and I'm realizing it's only going to get harder the older I get. Insanity is definitely one of the tougher workouts I've ever done, but you have to admit, the moves are easy, it's just the speed and intensity that gets you! Best of luck to everyone!
  • Im on day 3!!!! and im already aching..... haha
  • Starting tomorrow. (go big or go home)

Does anyone have advice for sticking with the program?
  • keep going! even if you cant keep up and are just jogging in place, (or on your knees gasping for air) DONT TURN THAT DVD OFF. jump back in when ya can. and dont get discourage because you dont keep up with them in the videos. they are professinal ripped athlets.
    feel free to add or message me for support and encouragement!! :)
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    I am not doing Insanity but I am doing Focus T25 tho.I started on the 14th.I am going to do Week 2 Day to exercise today.I thinks its speed 1.0. I like it so far.I just not coordinated to do some of the moves yet but I have lost about 6 lbs so far so I hopefully I can stick with it.I think I am going to do some workouts on the Total Gym too.Like one day do chest one day do abs etc.I also want to add bench presses at some point.I have like 100 lbs to lose.I am 307 lbs right now and I want to get to 200 at least by this time next year or better.
  • Yes, i started last week for the 2nd time. The 1st time was last Year and it was really hard but you feel every week better after the exercise.
    Now i do the workout only 3 or 4 times per week.

And don't forget: drink some water and keep the core tight ;-)

greets from Zurich, Switzerland
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    I tried it once and I'm not ashamed to say that I won't be trying it again. I think a lot of people (like me) get a week into something like this and it's so ridiculously hard that you give up and worst of all, then end up doing no exercise at all for weeks after.

Personally I've started doing one day hard exercise and one day easy exercise. On my day on I do one of Jillian Michaels DVD's (I'm on Killer Abs at the mo). It's just as hard as insanity when you do the advanced, but every single exercise has a beginners level to help you get into it.

On my day off I walk the dog for half an hour. I'm not saying don't do it, and those guys who do it, good on ya! But for those who do feel physically ill and don't think they can do it, try giving yourself a break and take things one step at a time.

It's all about long term life changes for me and this has definitely worked because I'm 35lbs down and have exercised every day for almost 6 months straight.

:-)
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    I plan on starting it at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to it!
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    There are insanity groups in the groups section you can join for support. I highly recommend it.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Day 59 for me today. Stick with it and you'll see results. It's not easy but then nothing worth having is :-)
  • Hey Jessica I sent you a message & friend request! I just started insanity also and need other people that are doing it to help me along as well! If I had to give any of you advice - this is how I make it through insanity everyday. Keep a watch on that timer on the screen. Keep reminding yourself that you only have to get thru the next 25 or 45 minutes that left and you are done for the day. It's just 40 minutes a day!
  • Yes! And loving every day of it! I've tried two times before this, but this time I'm actually sticking to it. I didn't realize what a fun workout it is c:
  • I completed Insanity before Christmas, which looking back was a silly time to do it as I ruined it somewhat over the festive season!

Am just starting it again now, this time hoping to stick to the diet plan a little better. I can't recommend sticking it out until the end enough, I felt AMAZEBALLS by the end of the two months, more toned and strong than I've ever been.

Stick at it! :)