Looking for VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) Friends

Options

Replies

• cfischer69
    cfischer69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lchein, I'm a fellow Tampanian? Tampaite? :) There are only a few major bariatric centers in the Bay area. Tampa General, Bay Care, Mease all have programs. I would go to websites, watch videos, go to 2-3 informational seminars, ask a lot of questions, ask your primary care doctor for recommendations, and pray(!) if that's something you do.

Even in one practice, there are different personalities....it's hard to know until you talk to them.
  • ashes304
    ashes304 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had vsg on 2/20/13 - i am down 110 pounds as of right now... i'm hoping and needing to lose more.... add me :)
  • sassy_ang
    Options
    I had vsg on 12/05/2013. I am down 28.7 pounds total. Still in the clear liquid phase, but nervous about moving to the next phase. Looking for all the support I can get!
  • MsNParker
    Options
    I am having VSG today, in about an hour. 28.7 is a GREAT loss!way to go! How are you feeling?
  • MsNParker
    Options
    Oh..and add me to the support list! I'M IN,
  • cwatters1
    Options
    Hi all! I was sleeved on December 10th so I'm a newbie! I am amazed at how good I feel & how well I am doing. It feels like a blessing to me.
    Anyways, I am using MFP to help track my fluid & protein intake and my exercise. I'd really love to have some supportive friends on here who can relate to my scenario. Have a WONDERFUL week ahead!!!!
  • DrMutti
    DrMutti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    In December 2010 I had a lap band placed. Although I ultimately lost 93 pounds, I had one infection after another so it was removed in August 2012. Afterwards, I gained 71 pounds back; will that won't do! It took me a while to recover then find a surgeon that would do a revision. On July 30, 2013, I had a sleeve gastrectomy done. It has been so much better than a lap band (for me). Since July I have lost 64 pounds! I do my best when i log everything in to MFP to follow calories, protein, calcium, and weight loss since first surgery. Just this week I added the Fitbit Force to motivate myself to increase my activity. What I like is that Fitbit Force uploads activity to MFP without my efforts. We'll see how this goes; I've been sick since I bought it and not able to do much but I have high hopes. Anyone else using both?
  • pcup1
    pcup1 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI! I haven't gotten mine YET... but I do have a date! My surgery date is Feb. 17, 2014 in Charlotte! I am quite excited. Just wanted to say hi as I embark on this weight loss adventure!
  • Michelefuller77
    Options
    How are you doing now? I just hit a stall week 3
  • clairealoha
    Options
    You've made a great choice. I was sleeved on 09/26/2013 and am down 50 pounds. I don't feel hungry at all which is key. Unlike a diet, this is a new way of life for you. Good luck!
  • wolfecookie
    Options
    Hi! Had my sleeve surgery last week (12/30/13) and am now on a quest to find the right forum :)

:drinker:
  • AKoecher
    AKoecher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, wondering if you guys started a group? I have my surgery date on March 12th, it'd be awesome to talk to others who have gone through this recently.

I'm 5'2" and weigh 230 pounds.

I'm wondering how long you will need to take off of work? I have a very simple/easy desk job. My surgery is on a Wednesday, would I be fine to go back to work not the following Monday, but the next do you think?
  • meltingmell
    Options
    Hello I had my surgery Oct 2013. I am down 53 pounds. Looking for all the support I can get. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can tackle this together!
  • meltingmell
    Options
    I am a part of a great face book support group. Please come join us. Gastric Sleevers-No Judgement Zone!
  • sexyg313
    sexyg313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had VSG on 12-20-13 and so far have lost approx. 36 pounds. I'm almost 4 weeks post-op.
  • Jenbeahm
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jenna. I had VSG on Aug. 22 2013. I am about 6 months in and I am scared I am doing something wrong. I am having a hard time losing weight and I am really afraid that I have done all of this for northing. So far I have lost abot 80 pounds, but I have about 100 more to go before I am at my goal. I have met other people who have already met their goal after 6 months and after looking at other VSG message boards I am discouraged by my progress. I did start drinking diet soda again, I stay on a high protein low carb diet, and I am still having trouble holding down food (maybe I am stil having a hard time breaking my binge eating habit)? I guess I am really looking for encouragement and guidance to keep me on a losing path. Any suggestions, motivation and advice is welcome!!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm pre-op VSG and hope to have my surgery Winter of 2015 after I clear up another medical issue. I'm up in Canada but I'd love to meet some people on here that have had the experience of surgery.. The good, bad, and ugly :)

Fiona
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve on Nov 25, 2013 feel free to friend me.
  • BGabbart
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jenna. I had VSG on Aug. 22 2013. I am about 6 months in and I am scared I am doing something wrong. I am having a hard time losing weight and I am really afraid that I have done all of this for northing. So far I have lost abot 80 pounds, but I have about 100 more to go before I am at my goal. I have met other people who have already met their goal after 6 months and after looking at other VSG message boards I am discouraged by my progress. I did start drinking diet soda again, I stay on a high protein low carb diet, and I am still having trouble holding down food (maybe I am stil having a hard time breaking my binge eating habit)? I guess I am really looking for encouragement and guidance to keep me on a losing path. Any suggestions, motivation and advice is welcome!!

wow in 6 months you lost 80 pounds, on what diet is that even possible? don't get discourage, if you feel there are some things you can change than change them. As you can see I am 8 weeks out and really I would have thought I would have lost more but I know our bodies are different and we have to take it one day at a time. Are you walking or working out? I still have a little over 100 pounds to go myself and I know I am going to do this. Remember it is not a fix all but another tool to help. If you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me and I know you can do this. God bless you. Please feel free to friend me.
  • BGabbart
    Options
    Hello, wondering if you guys started a group? I have my surgery date on March 12th, it'd be awesome to talk to others who have gone through this recently.

I'm 5'2" and weigh 230 pounds.

I'm wondering how long you will need to take off of work? I have a very simple/easy desk job. My surgery is on a Wednesday, would I be fine to go back to work not the following Monday, but the next do you think?

I had mine the week of thanksgiving I did not go back the next week but I did the following week after that. If you have a job that is flexible where if you get to tired you can call it a day that is great. I did that the first week I was back and it was nice to know I could if I needed to. good luck