Teas that help suppress appetite.

Options
2»

Replies

• kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How low are your calorie goals that you're needing to liquids to trick yourself into being sated?
    This. ^

These are ridiculous comments. Are you really so awesome that you don't need any tricks to help stave off a snack attack? We are talking about TEA here, you know, sort of like water, only hot and with a little bag? SMH at the things people will comment on just to be snarky.

I'm definitely in the mind tricking phase, lol. If I don't trick my mind into satiety, I will keep over eating. I guess its really retraining. With that said, Green Teas from Salada with flavors (Mango, pomegranate, etc) have been fun.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea actually makes a tea called "Get Lost". Best tea ever. Doesn't need sugar, can be cold, or hot. Highly recommend it for curbing cravings.
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    How low are your calorie goals that you're needing to liquids to trick yourself into being sated?

1730 calories. The problem is I used to snack between meals and what not. And so I go hungry but the tea is helping somewhat.
    Options
    I'm drinking this Chai spice tea that is good. I've got some oolong teas and yogi teas headed my way soon!!!
    Yogi teas are great! Choco, choco chili and Mint snack tea are my favourites, they really help with boredom hunger. I also drink a lot of fruit teas that taste great and help me drink more.

I love amazon reviews that's how I found them. And some of my friends who have drank them in the past raved about them, so I'm looking forward to getting them next week. :)
    Options
    Republic of Tea actually makes a tea called "Get Lost". Best tea ever. Doesn't need sugar, can be cold, or hot. Highly recommend it for curbing cravings.

I will look into that. I like Republic of Tea :)
  • Bettyanne77
    Options
    Fennel tea is supposed to be a natural appetite suppressant and is quite pleasant it helps with digestion as does peppermint tea. Also tea with cinnamon as that is supposed to reduce sweet cravings and help balance your blood sugar levels.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when I crave something sweet and satisfy it with tea, the craving goes away.

My go-to is either white blueberry or Tazo baked cinnamon apple, both with stevia. Blueberry tastes like blueberry pie, and the cinnamon apple tastes like cinnamon apple! I need to try adding cinnamon sticks in when I brew the cinnamon apple.

It's too late for this year, but Trader Joe's has some amazing seasonal teas too. Cinnamon Tempest and Pumpkin Spice are both great hot or cold, and you can add stevia or not.

Good luck!
    Options
    Okay the reason I made this topic is because I wanted to take an appetite suppressant because I have problems with being hungry in between meals. However, I didn't want to take pills and was wondering if there were natural teas out there that would do the trick that would be healthy. I also have a problem of a sweet tooth too ;)

I'm glad to see some of the teas that I had picked out based on web searches are what some of you are using and with good effect. I also have some new ideas too.

I'd rather be filled up on tea or water than on calories I have overeaten.... :)
  • vagabondgoddess
    vagabondgoddess Posts: 38 Member
    Options

-_- It's not always about the number of calories. Sometimes it is because your bored, stressed, etc.
    Options
    Well my Yogi teas are here with some more teas. I'm enjoying them greatly. My Republic of Teas including the Get Lost tea should be here next week. Thank you all for your recommendations and input.

God bless you all.