When is a 'new day'?

When do you begin a new day? Is it from when you wake up, or maybe in a 12-hour period?

It's just that my biggest meal is dinner because eveningtime is when I'm more likely to snack and pick. But I usually sleep about 3am-9am, and around 12am I begin feeling peckish. I'm fine to eat something but what day would you put it on?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    On the Military we called it balls, that would be 0001, or 12:01AM.

Rigger
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Your day can be whatever you want it to be. You have the option of changing the "meals", replacing them with time frames if you'd like. It's in the settings. I've seen people do morning, mid-morning, noon, etc as well as 6-9am, 10-1pm etc.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    I literally just typed this on another topic called "what should I do?" Here's my copy&paste:

I had questions like this at first. Basically you have to pick whether you want to log it as the day you are technically starting or the day you are still awake from. Then go with that, and be consistent. No fudging because it takes you over calories on the old day so you just log it as the new day. I labeled my food diary to help, with titles like "Lunch/1-4" and "Late/10-bed".