How to drink MORE water...

Options
2»

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I usually do OK on weekdays as at work, I have a post it note in my cubicle with times when I take my glass to the ice/water machine in break room and fill it up. (ICE makes the water much colder of course and much easier to drink). Weekends get tougher since activities vary so much depending on what the family plans turn out to be.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I have a 32 (or is it 28...) oz. water bottle I pretty much carry with my everywhere. Fill it up once in the morning and make sure it's empty by the time I leave for lunch, then fill it again when I get back and make sure it's empty before I leave for the day. I also drink hot tea in the morning so that's an additional 10-ish oz. so I've got 74 oz by the end of the work day. THEN factor in all the water you drink while you work out (I usually drink at least 2 of my water bottles so another 64 oz)....essentially just plan to drink so much water by a certain time :)
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    I have a refillable water bottle, that I try to remember to drink from. I have a problem from not drinking enough water so sometimes I get dehydrated and the headaches. I am also not a water sipper, I'm a guzzler and I can't stand iced or cold water, prefer room temp.

If your urine is fairly clear then you should be hydrated enough.

Don't discount the water from such things as coffee, tea, and some foods. Coffee isn't considered a diuretic if you drink it regularly.

I am slowly getting into the habit of drinking a lot of water, sometimes I add lemon
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a half gallon water jug, that has 8 ounce marks on them. I used a black permanent marker to mark the times of days. 8am, 10am, 12am and so on. I make it a point to drink a full gallon plus 2 more cups daily. Never missed a beat.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I schedule my water like I schedule my food. Breakfast is my planned food and a planned 16 ounces of water. Am snack is my snack food and 16 ounces of water, etc.

I love this idea too! There are a lot of good ideas on here that I am going to try. Thanks for asking this.....drinking more water has been a recent goal of mine.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I use a 24-oz water bottle that I carry with me everywhere all the time and I aim to drink the whole thing 3x per day, filling it up when I get the chance. I also drink a lot of tea, which is pretty much just water. :)
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    These are all great ideas!

I've found that if I down a 16.9oz bottle right after every time I pee, I get more than enough water throughout the day. I usually get a gallon in by 4pm or so doing things this way, and if I stop drinking the water around that time, I don't wake up a zillion times a night to go to the bathroom. :)
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz water bottle and I basically force myself to drink at least 2 of those a day, sometimes 3 but 9 cups of water is actually too much for me. A really good one though is, if you have a smartphone, get an app that sends you reminder say, every 3 hours that tells you to drink a cup of water. Or put it on your planner if you have one or just remember to have a cup every time before you eat.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I make sure that I get the majority of my water intake sorted whilst I'm at work. Fill a big bottle and just keep a handwritten tally on how often I fill it. By lunchtime, it should be obvious how many refills you have left - and then when I get home, anything else I manage to remember to drink is just a bonus!
  • ElnuevoAdrian
    ElnuevoAdrian Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    for iPhones, there is an app called "Plant Nanny" where you basically grow a plant on your phone and you have to feed it water. Basically it tells you when the plant is thirsty and you drink water at that time (as well as feed the plant I guess) You can determine the amount to drink and your cup sizes (some people drink 12oz at a time, others 16oz, etc.) Really helps me.
  • mrsBrown1989
    Options
    Its stupid, but when i have my water bottle around me i will take sips non stop (if im working or driving or watching tv etc) but if i forget to fill it and leave it at home or lose it I don't drink ANY.
    out of sight out of mind i guess.