I'm starting Insanity tonight....

Options
And I want to throw up before it even happens!!!!! I am nervous. So nervous. I am at work and all I can think about is starting those DVD's. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have watched so many You Tube video's about people doing the Fit Test.

I'm nervous to measure myself. I weighed myself this morning and although I've lost 4lbs in 7 days cleaning up my food habits...I'm still scared to death to write it all down!

What is the matter with me? In real life (not diet and exercise life! lol) I'm very strong. I encourage all my friends and family with their goals and dreams but for myself to really buckle down now...I.Am.Freaking.Out!

Is this normal??? It doesn't feel normal.

Stats before measuring...I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I'm 38, 5'2" and I weigh...gulp...146lbs.

Lord help me.

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You can do it.

Just go at your own pace. Follow Tania if you have to. Listen to Shaun :) You got this.
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I recall the first time doing this. I was tired from the initial warmup. I was also really sore for the first week, but persist because it'll get better. Like @that_dani said, do your pace. Even some of the folks in the video took breaks.
  • HeatherWasHere
    HeatherWasHere Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the responses. I think I'm going to need a lot of encouragement in the coming weeks!!!!!!! YIKES!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I get that too...but it's more of excitement. Lol. Watching all those results make me want to jump right in and get into it.
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    Thank you both for the responses. I think I'm going to need a lot of encouragement in the coming weeks!!!!!!! YIKES!

You're welcome to friend me. I'll gladly support you through your journey.
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm right behind you. I'm probably starting on Saturday. I'm mostly worried about hurting my knees.
  • zachherda1
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and would love to help you through your journey! I know people give coaches a bad name, but I am
    Not here to sell you something, I just want you to know that people are out there to help you! I too have done insanity and it is the hardest but most rewarding work out I've ever done! Congrats on getting started!
  • rattleh3ad
    Options
    I am looking into trying this out. Is this okay for someone who is overweight? I am 5'10 about 250lbs but I have been working out extremely hard for about 7 weeks now.

I've done a bit of research and I know I won't be able to do it first try, but I am willing to do anything to push myself to keep losing weight and get fit.

Is this one of those regimens where you have to be pretty much fit to already use it?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You'll be ok! It's difficult but as you keep doing it you'll get stronger and stronger! Good luck!
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    I am looking into trying this out. Is this okay for someone who is overweight? I am 5'10 about 250lbs but I have been working out extremely hard for about 7 weeks now.

I've done a bit of research and I know I won't be able to do it first try, but I am willing to do anything to push myself to keep losing weight and get fit.

Is this one of those regimens where you have to be pretty much fit to already use it?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You start with the fit test to set your baseline. You'll then re-test at certain intervals to see your improvement. Do what you can. Stick with it and you'll see great results! When I started, I struggled and took a lot of breaks. If you don't blast through it by the end of 60 days, I'm sure you will after 120 days. A foam roller really helped me through those really sore days. Modify your move if you can't emulate the video. Just keep moving and eventually it'll happen. Good luck with it!
  • HeatherWasHere
    HeatherWasHere Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone for the support!!!!!

I am proud of myself for getting through the fit test. OH WOW did it tell me I was out of shape. ha ha
    I didn't puke and I didn't quit!

Ready to tackle day two tonight.

Everyone said my legs would be sore...but my upper body is sore! I think I tried way too hard on the jack push ups or whatever they are. I may have got one in. and then after struggling and fighting went on to do some regular push ups. I thought...something is better than nothing!

To everyone else out there trying this...YOU CAN DO IT!

I am going to do everything possible to keep my excitement up!!! WOOT!