One Life - Many Goals !

Hello Everyone!

Here for the same reason as most of us - being fit. I joined couple of weeks back. Spent enormous hours reading out other guys experience, effort, dedication. There is so much on this web. I feel INSPIRED when I am on this site.

Well, let me tell you something about myself. I was chain-smoker for last 10 years. I had tried to quit atleast 10-12 times.

Many methods adopted. Talked to people, tried gum, YT videos, occasional sickness, scary X-RAY. None worked. One fine day, I woke up and told myself, NO MORE NICOTINE. I quit cold-turkey way. Its been ~60 days. I dont even want to recollect when I had my last cigarette. Whenever I had cravings, I just go to google images and search for Lung cancer. My cravings go away within few mins.

Now, being a smoke free, I can see my life clearer, better. I was into severe depression for long time and thought nicotine was with me. Recently I realized that depression was there because nicotine was with me! That's my way of understanding. I could see that I am feeling much much better in life - just after quitting smoking.

I love to cycle, swim. But all of these activities were done while I was a smoker. So I didnt know how it feels when you do exercise and dont smoke.

One fine day, went to Gym. Weighing machine talked to me in some numbers which I have never seen in my life ! No one from my family has seen such number. 210Lbs ! Wow. That was a shocker.

So here I am. Coming to office by cycle. That distance is like 7 miles. Having much healthy food as earlier. Less sugar, less sodium, less oil, more health. And again going back to home on cycle- total distance cycled - 15 miles !

Goal -

1. Being Healthy
2. Being stress free
3. Being less weight and more athletic

I dont care how much time it takes. Its just that the loyalty (affection/attraction?) I had towards nicotine, I am gonna show same to exercise n health.

Will be there where I want to. Help me in my journey. Thanks for all the articles people have posted. I feel proud for being here.

Thanks.

Replies

• Sounds like some pretty good goals you've got there!! Good job on the lack of smoking now :) Keep up the great work :D
  • Po2009
    Po2009 Posts: 10
    Well done in quitting smoking I stopped 2 weeks ago its early days for me but am determined to stop that's my goal to put more effort into exercise while am quitting keep up the good work it all pays of in the end x