low-calorie, but filling, breakfast

Options
1235»

Replies

• GBPack93
    Options
    For non sweet while driving try a bagel or english muffin topped with cream cheese, pretty filling
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Why can't you allow for a mid-morning snack? A piece of fruit or a small mini cheese isn't going to push your calories up too much.

AGREED, why wouldn't u just have a small snack, its not gonna hurt, why be hungry and miserable? I don't like to either but I know that sometimes 50 calories isn't gonna do any harm.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    In a rush - protein shake with almonds OR Greek yogurt with almonds.

Have time? 3 egg whites & 1/2 cup steel oats will keep you full for a long time.

Mid morning snack: 1 piece of fruit, protein shake, almonds.

*Eat small meals more often = stay full longer & do not eat as much. :wink:
  • micherie1969
    Options
    Black rice and blueberries
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    LatelyI' been adding 1 Tbl of slivered almonds & 3 Tbl of Fiber One (original) to Chobani Greek Yogurt..........I eat at 8:30 and I'm full until 12:00
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for food you can eat WHILE DRIVING. I can't balance a bowl of cereal, oatmeal, or anything requiring utensils. I'm thinking hand held, but not sweet. Sweet things make me sick in the morning. I hate hard boiled eggs. Can you cook an egg for a sandwich and refrigerate/freeze and reheat in microwave?

Lots of recipes for homemade breakfast burritos & homemade egg McMuffins...........you can freeze these & reheat.

Many of the recipes ask you to bake several eggs in a baking dish ......you add diced peppers, onions, etc. Then you cut them into individual serving size pieces. Assemble your sandwiches & wrap in foil.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/breakfast-and-brunch/egg-recipes/breakfast-burritos/main.aspx?e11=breakfast burritos&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&event8=1&prop24=SR_Showcase&e7=Home Page

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/breakfast-and-brunch/egg-recipes/breakfast-burritos/main.aspx?e11=breakfast burritos&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&event8=1&prop24=SR_Showcase&e7=Home Page
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Fiber and Protein will keep you feeling fuller, longer.

My typical breakfast: (under 30Hope this heros0 calories and usually 20-30 protein)

-1/2 eggbeaters with added veggies(spinach, zuccini, tomato, mushroom, pepper, etc)
    -2 slices of turkey bacon or canadian bacon
    -1/2 cup greek yogurt or smoothie made with yogurt/almond milk or healthy cereal like kashi go lean, or puffed wheat)

usually keeps me satiated for 3-4 hours.

YUm!

Sounds delicious and filling, but I do not have much time to prepare breakfast in the morning. My 1-year-old daughter, who is up at clockwork at 6am, eats her breakfast within 10 minutes and immediately wants to play or sit on my lap. Then I have to get the kids ready to go to daycare. But, thanks anyway!

I have a 2 year old, have been working full time since she was 2.5 months old, and can manage breakfast AND to pack breakfast and snacks for HER daily, also. You can, too! Just prepare your food the night before after your little one goes to bed OR prepare a week's worth each weekend.

Here are my favorites:
    1. Oatmeal with cinnamon and honey or brown sugar. Keep it in a microwavable container, add water when ready to eat it and heat it iin the microwave at work.
    2. Plain Greek yogurt with a tsp of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon
    3. Cottage cheese and a Del Monte Mandarin orange cup (No sugar added, drained). Mix when ready to eat.

Hope this helps!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You could also hold off on eating breakfast until later. Ex: I have coffee at 8 a.m. and breakfast at 9:30 a.m., then lunch at 12 or 1
    I usually try to plan a 3 or 4 pm snack to tide me over until 7 (dinner). Eating at 6 or 7 am is crazy talk in my world. Haha!
  • JennyR1128
    JennyR1128 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm gonna try the breakfast burritos. I've never had one because they look like they would fall apart. I will try one at home before I try this in the van. I have to wait an hour after taking my thyroid meds before I can eat. I drink a bottle of water and my sinus drainage makes me feel sick. Otherwise I could wait and eat or eat before I leave.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be low calorie? having a decent breakfast will likely see you satisfied better throughout the whole day than if you eat a smaller breakfast to "save" calories for later.

Make breakfast your biggest meal, incorporate plenty of protein and good fats and you'll probably be full right til lunch!
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes. 2 eggs, 1 banana - blend it together until smooth then fry in low cal spray.
    I get 3 pancakes out of these ingredients and it is very filling, low cal and quick to make. You can add fruit or extra chopped banana to the cooked pancakes too x