Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes please

Options
myranda2888
myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
Does anyone have any great vegan recipes?
I'm currently a vegetarian but prefer to cook vegan.
Also what about some awesome vegetarian or vegan lasagna?
Gotta love that stuff. Oh and of course, it needs to be on the healthier side:D

Thank you so much:D

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetarian lasagna that is low calorie. I use 3-4 lasagna sheets in a pan that serves 4. I layer these ingredients:
    Pasta sauce (I used to buy Healthy Choice when I lived in North America - 60 cals per serve) - cooked with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, and whatever other veggies I felt like.
    Fresh spinach
    Fat free cottage cheese
    Lasagna sheet

Repeat once. Top with sauce and skimmed mozzarella cheese.
  • sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know several recipes can't think of any off hand but you should check out:

http://www.chefchloe.com/blog.html

and

http://www.theppk.com/recipes/

lots more but these are pretty good
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you might check out this site: http://vegweb.com/ :smile:
  • myranda2888
    Options
    I am in complete and utter love with vegweb.com. :)
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer vegetarian, but I still use them, glad to have helped.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    fatfreevegan.com
  • myranda2888
    Options
    fatfreevegan.com

I have never heard of this site but totally going to check it out now, thanks:)
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    Yay! I often make lasagne without noodles. Instead, I use a mandolin to thinly slice zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, portobello mushrooms, etc (really anything tasty works).

Then, in an oven-safe baking pan, layer the veggie noodles, spaghetti sauce of your choice, fresh or frozen spinach leaves, and a l'il bit o mozzerella, ricotta (I pre-flavor the ricotta with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and basil) and/or parmesan cheese. If you want to do it vegan, I really love the follow your heart cheeses, or daiya is pretty delicious and melty!

Then, pop it in the oven, bake at 350 until everything is bubbly and delicious (about and hour, but it depends on the thickness).

I also make a good vegan chick'un pot pie. Buy 2 pre-made vegan pastry shells (one for top of the pie, one for bottom), then add to it the filling, and bake.

For the filling, I like to use potato (sweet potatos and root veggies/squash also rock), peas, onions, carrot, garlic...anything you like. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and whatever other spices you like - a little thyme and rosemary are good. Add some vegetable stock to it and cook it all up in a pan. To thicken, add some arrow root powder. I like to use the morning star chick'n strip meal starters, or gardein chick'n breasts for the chicken.

FINALLY, I really like to make quinoa and add either kale that I sautee with some brown sugar and garlic and olive oil plus pecans, OR chopped up butternut squash that I pan sautee with earth balance vegan butter and maple syrup. And salt and pepper to taste. YUMMM!!

What are your faves? I'd love to share more.
  • myranda2888
    Options
    Yay! I often make lasagne without noodles. Instead, I use a mandolin to thinly slice zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, portobello mushrooms, etc (really anything tasty works).

Then, in an oven-safe baking pan, layer the veggie noodles, spaghetti sauce of your choice, fresh or frozen spinach leaves, and a l'il bit o mozzerella, ricotta (I pre-flavor the ricotta with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and basil) and/or parmesan cheese. If you want to do it vegan, I really love the follow your heart cheeses, or daiya is pretty delicious and melty!

Then, pop it in the oven, bake at 350 until everything is bubbly and delicious (about and hour, but it depends on the thickness).

I also make a good vegan chick'un pot pie. Buy 2 pre-made vegan pastry shells (one for top of the pie, one for bottom), then add to it the filling, and bake.

For the filling, I like to use potato (sweet potatos and root veggies/squash also rock), peas, onions, carrot, garlic...anything you like.
    Add salt, pepper, paprika, and whatever other spices you like - a little thyme and rosemary are good. Add some vegetable stock to
    it and cook it all up in a pan. To thicken, add some arrow root powder. I like to use the morning star chick'n strip meal starters, or
    gardein chick'n breasts for the chicken.

FINALLY, I really like to make quinoa and add either kale that I sautee with some brown sugar and garlic and olive oil plus
    pecans, OR chopped up butternut squash that I pan sautee with earth balance vegan butter and maple syrup. And salt and pepper
    to taste. YUMMM!!

What are your faves? I'd love to share more.

Oh my goodness! That all sounds amazing. I pretty much love anything italian or Mexican, heck Im not that picky of a eater so any recipes make me happy, especially if there's garlic! :)

And I love vegan sweets, I love baking all together actually:)
  • myranda2888
    Options
    fatfreevegan.com

Oh my goodness, I'm in love! I love this site. I'm not sure if I like it as much as vegweb.com, but to be fair I've been using that one for years.
    Still nonetheless, it is amazing!