breakfast

Options
hiii,
can anyone recommend something for breakfast im taking roxylean so need a quick and easy breakfast low carbs that I can grab on the way to work. x

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't know what "Roxylean" is.
    I'm going to assume it's some diet pill based on the name.
    And if it is, stop taking it.
    Diet pills aren't necessary and can be very harmful.
    To lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit.
    Taking pills aren't going to teach you how to change your eating habits.

But back to your breakfast question.
    If you aren't actually hungry in the morning, don't waste your calories on breakfast.
    It's false that you need to eat upon waking to "rev your metabolism" and that crap.

If you enjoy breakfast and it helps you get through the day without gnawing off your arm, then go for it.
    But it isn't necessary.

Plain greek yogurt is pretty low carb.
    I've added splenda & cinnamon - it's delish.

Eggs & meat.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I too like quick fast breakfasts.

I have found cooking a batch of cookies on the weekend work well for me but to each their own. I make them a little different all the time so that I have some variety but the basic ingredients are the same - oats, peanut butter, banana, apple sauce and protein powder along with some bits and pieces - almond meal, wholemeal flour, chocolate, dried mangoes, shredded coconut - whatever works. Google banana and peanut butter protein cookie and you will get a stack of ideas.

I freeze a bag or two from each batch too so that I don't get too bored from the same ones every time. Two of those in the morning seem to keep me pretty happy and roughly equate to 350-400cals, 15-20g from protein, 30-35g carbs and about 15g fat but it is mostly good fat from peanuts, almonds, chocolate (whoops not chocolate)...
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    I too like quick fast breakfasts.

I have found cooking a batch of cookies on the weekend work well for me but to each their own. I make them a little different all the time so that I have some variety but the basic ingredients are the same - oats, peanut butter, banana, apple sauce and protein powder along with some bits and pieces - almond meal, wholemeal flour, chocolate, dried mangoes, shredded coconut - whatever works. Google banana and peanut butter protein cookie and you will get a stack of ideas.

I freeze a bag or two from each batch too so that I don't get too bored from the same ones every time. Two of those in the morning seem to keep me pretty happy and roughly equate to 350-400cals, 15-20g from protein, 30-35g carbs and about 15g fat but it is mostly good fat from peanuts, almonds, chocolate (whoops not chocolate)...

Low carb dude.
  • Weighting4results
    Options
    It's hard to beat eggs.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I make "frittata muffins" while I'm cooking dinner and store them in the fridge for the next day or so, works really well when i'm in a rush in the mornings.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Low carb dude.

Thermobolics and low carbs... when will people learn that it is not what you eat that makes you fat (or skinny actually) but how much you eat instead! Carbs are good - carbs are necessary and tell you what... carbs after 6 PM won't make you fat - all miths - all BS!!

OP you do realise that you are artificially raising your body temperature with pills?
    Additionally - crashing on carbs = burning muscles - and the volume you loose is muscle loss + drop in water levels.
    You are not burning any fat form not eating carbs - not 1 little zip of it!

Fast bfast... bagel eggs and bacon?
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do not agree with the diet pills, but to answer your question: Better Oats Revolution Steel Cut Oats (packet) - 130 calories and is ready is 2.5 minutes in the microwave. I make mine with almond milk and add a little honey and fresh berries. Coffee and creamer too. It's all just slightly over 200 calories and warm & filling. You could easily add protein powder too.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Omelet-Squares/ -344 calories, 7.2g carbohydrates
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, fruits, nuts, eggs (boiled, scrambled or omelet) yogurt...
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Low carb dude.

Thermobolics and low carbs... when will people learn that it is not what you eat that makes you fat (or skinny actually) but how much you eat instead! Carbs are good - carbs are necessary and tell you what... carbs after 6 PM won't make you fat - all miths - all BS!!

OP you do realise that you are artificially raising your body temperature with pills?
    Additionally - crashing on carbs = burning muscles - and the volume you loose is muscle loss + drop in water levels.

Im not hating on carbs. I <3 carbs. Like a lot. Only long term relationship I got going for me.

But the OP stated low carb
  • fibecky
    fibecky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks guys the pills I take have been checked by doctor and dietican and have the all clear, just wanted some idea really as I work mad last min shifts is had to fit in healthy snacks gets abit boring having the same thing. I do eat carbs just try to spread them through the day eating little and often as I cant take a big carby meal with my stomach x
  • togmo
    Options
    [/quote]
    Low carb dude.
    [/quote]

My bad
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump for the breakfast cookie recipes. They'd fit just fine into my macros and I bet my hubby would eat them, being cookies and all.
  • togmo
    Options
    bump for the breakfast cookie recipes. They'd fit just fine into my macros and I bet my hubby would eat them, being cookies and all.

They work for me because I too love cookies or cake and they are a fast breakfast food that meets my macros near perfectly.
    As I have said you can google them and find lots of ideas but since I am bored and it has taken me some tinkering to get the recipe where I want it I will give you the basic recipe I used to make my last batch. As I have said to this you can do almost anything. I have added mango and coconut and used white chocolate for example. Experiment and let me know because I too am up for new ideas!

Ingredients:

150g peanut butter - crunchy
    2 large bananas (was about 250g flesh)
    100g vanilla protein powder - I used musclepharm last time but anything works. If you use natural add a little vanilla extract to the banana and if you want a choc biccie you can use chocolate and add some cocoa powder too - this too is a yummy alternative.
    125g applesauce (1/2 jar)
    2 cups quick oats (175g roughly)
    1/2 cup almond meal (45g roughly)
    1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour (60g roughly)
    1 tspn baking powder (5g)
    50g dark chocolate (22 buttons) - I put one big choc button in the middle of each cookie. I find it best to put small choc chips through the mix but it will add more unhealthy calories to your cookies but sometimes I don't care.

Basic Method:

Combine the bananas and peanut butter in a mixing bowl on high til creamy then add the apple sauce and protein powder and mix through.
    Seperately combine all the dry ingredients and then add to the wet ingredients - i do this by hand but I don't think it matters.
    Shape your cookies, put a choc button on top (this is a necessary yummy bit) and bake at about 160-180C for about 15 minutes I would guess - basically until they are a bit golden on top. Watch them as they do tend to burn easily.

I made about 22 cookies out of this last time and they were a pretty good size, still small enough to maximise the choc button's yumminess!

Macros from one biccie from my MFP (with only one choc button (~2g) per biccie)
    Per Serving: 143kcal - 7g protein - 13g carbs - 6g fat - 2.5g fibre - 116g sodium
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Low carb dude.

Im not hating on carbs. I <3 carbs. Like a lot. Only long term relationship I got going for me.

But the OP stated low carb

Apologies, was not refering to you at all... just bashing on the overall feeling / myths over carbs!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

They work for me because I too love cookies or cake and they are a fast breakfast food that meets my macros near perfectly.
    As I have said you can google them and find lots of ideas but since I am bored and it has taken me some tinkering to get the recipe where I want it I will give you the basic recipe I used to make my last batch. As I have said to this you can do almost anything. I have added mango and coconut and used white chocolate for example. Experiment and let me know because I too am up for new ideas!

Ingredients:

100g vanilla protein powder - I used musclepharm last time but anything works. If you use natural add a little vanilla extract to the banana and if you want a choc biccie you can use chocolate and add some cocoa powder too - this too is a yummy alternative.
    50g dark chocolate (22 buttons) - I put one big choc button in the middle of each cookie. I find it best to put small choc chips through the mix but it will add more unhealthy calories to your cookies but sometimes I don't care.

Basic Method:

Combine the bananas and peanut butter in a mixing bowl on high til creamy then add the apple sauce and protein powder and mix through.
    Seperately combine all the dry ingredients and then add to the wet ingredients - i do this by hand but I don't think it matters.
    Shape your cookies, put a choc button on top (this is a necessary yummy bit) and bake at about 160-180C for about 15 minutes I would guess - basically until they are a bit golden on top. Watch them as they do tend to burn easily.

I made about 22 cookies out of this last time and they were a pretty good size, still small enough to maximise the choc button's yumminess!

Per Serving: 143kcal - 7g protein - 13g carbs - 6g fat - 2.5g fibre - 116g sodium

I love the sound of these - give me all the evil carbs! :laugh:

But... you Americans always post up great sounding recipes with this 'applesauce' in them, and I can't find it in the UK. :frown:
  • metulchik
    metulchik Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Ingredients:

Basic Method:

I love the sound of these - give me all the evil carbs! :laugh:

But... you Americans always post up great sounding recipes with this 'applesauce' in them, and I can't find it in the UK. :frown:

Applesauce is just mushed up apples. You can make your own by peeling/coring and blending apples into mush.
  • metulchik
    metulchik Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    cookies for breakfast?? I have a feeling this will be my new fave thing! :love:
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi

Do you guys have Breakfast Cereal Biscuits in the States (http://www.belvitabreakfast.com/) they are about 220 calories for 4 biscuits. Super fast (grab and go) and if washed down with a cup of tea they are really filling!

Diane
  • willdb76
    Options

Apple sauce is actually pretty widely available, it's the stuff you have with roast pork: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255843343

But yeah the stuff you make at home (good way of using masses of fallen apples) is better!