eating 2220 cals a day and 40 minutes cardio?

i was wondering would doing treadmill walking at 3.0 3.2 at a 2% incline 40 minutes a day and eating 2220 calories a day get the weight off,also i was told fitness pal's calorie burning from excercise is way off they have me burning 348 cals from 40 minutes walking other people tell me its about 148 cals burned it equates to about 2 miles walked in 40 minutes thats what my treadmill
says.

thanks

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Depends on your height and current weight?
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    It depends, but possibly. There is only one way to find out - do what you are doing for a while and record your results.

With regards to the exercise: MFP is almost certainly wrong, and what those people said is almost certainly wrong. Everyone who comments in this thread could take a guess and would all almost certainly be wrong. Many things govern how many calories you burn as a result of undertaking any particular exercise routine - estimates are just that and should be taken as a guide, nothing more.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Yup, all figures are estimates - they'll give you a good starting point, but it really will be trial and error.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    "how long is a piece of string?"
  • Depends on your height and current weight?

Im 344 6 foot even
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member

Im 344 6 foot even

Then yes you will lose weight.

I would recommend buying a cheap barbell set if you don't want to join a gym, or at least doing some body-weight stuff but it is preference really.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member

Im 344 6 foot even

Im 6ft2 and Ive got about 10kgs to lose, Im eating 1900 calories and weight lifting 4x per week. When I get closer to my goal I will be upping the calories.

with 40minutes cardio per day, that sounds more or less right.
    Try it for a while, if you don't lose then adjust your calories.