How much salt is too much

Options
Someone started a post about diet frozen dinners. I have been doing this for at least 15 years. Plenty of those years I was skinny. I pretty much get all my meals except my vegetables and fruits from frozen diet dinners, like Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers. I also think I may have a problem with water weight because my weight can jump up to three pounds in a day, but my real recent weight gain is about 8 pounds. I know most will say stop, but I would have a really hard time doing that because I hate cooking and I feel safer counting the calories on pre-packaged food. My question is how much salt is safe? My goal now is to drink a lot more water because I am bad about that and start also counting the salt content to make sure I do not go over.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a heart condition, sodium doesn't really matter. (unless you're concerned with water retention)
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    When you can't get your rings on and your shoes don't fit.
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    My son's tell me you are just right when you can hear the salt crunching in your teeth. I tend to keep below 2300 mg per day.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter really if you don't have high blood pressure or something similar. Drink more water to keep the retention down. I have never had an issue with water retention but I drink about a gallon of fluids a day (water and un-sweet tea).