Motivated Mom Looking To Give Support!

Options
Hello! I have been on MFP for a little over a week now, and am looking for other people here who need some extra support on their weight loss journey! I am a full time working mother to my 2 year old daughter. I have been putting off this weight loss too long, and gained 50lbs from high blood pressure with my pregnancy and never lost it! I am more committed than ever to change my life, not only for myself but for my daughter and to hopefully get pregnant again in the next year and to be healthier for that so there will be less complications. I have kept saying I was going to "diet" and never made any progress, because I was not serious about it. I have now realized my goals and I don't want my life to be like this anymore, and am ready to make a real change in my life...not just some diet that I will give up on. Send me a friend request for those who are just starting out, or who have been on here for a while and are still continuing their journey, whatever it may be!

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I could have posted this myself! My daughter is now 14 months old and I am still ~40 pounds over my prepregnancy weight and summer looks a LOT closer from this side of Christmas so I got SERIOUS last week :)

Feel free to add me... Hopefully we can lose together!!

Oh, just don't laugh at my diary haha sometimes I like little kid cereal for snacks ;-)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new journeys and those little ones!

Baby weight is tough because we're sleep deprived and in a whole new world. We blink and its 2 years later.... or I blink and its 4 and 6 years later.

I'm already further in my journey (because I did start when he was 2 - like you) If you'd still like more friends feel free to friend me.

I workout most mornings before everyone gets up for the day. The only way I could fit it into my day. Then its off to work.

Welcome!
    Nancy
  • marianamoya
    marianamoya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My baby 7months old first time mom ... I'm about 50lbs overweight and finally trying to do something about it for me and my baby girl :)
  • jkchecca
    Options
    looks like i found the right board!!! i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and am looking to lose the last 20 lbs...its been a struggle...but i am super determined too! i love MFP and it has totally worked for me in the past...you can totally do it!!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Yayyy!! I so needed some friends for this journey!! I just scrolled through the success photos and I am SUPER pumped to get going!! I have a 5 year old and a 14-month old so it gets crazy! What's everyone's current approach?

I'm working on cutting back my calories by cutting down snacking...I'm HORRIBLE, once the kids go to bed I will eat EVERYTHING (I'm talking 12-13 cookies or a half pan of brownies, it's bad.) I've been on and off the Couch 2 5K program too but here in NY it's a scorching 6 degrees today so I won't be running in this mess!