Can someone explain Stronglifts 5x5 to this wet noodle?

Options
13»

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My real critique about SS is that Power Cleans are used and those are not a beginner movement by any means. Power clean is just as much, if not more, about technique than pure strength. All lifts require good technique but the Power Clean is far more technical than any of the other lifts.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lea_sparkles
    lea_sparkles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hankela
    hankela Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    tag
  • patlebrun1
    patlebrun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound like a ***** but...can I try this with resistance bands? Given the fact that combining bands can equal to 100+ lbs?

Has anyone tried?
    i dropped 60 lbs the first half of the year..and now am working on recomp
    i really need a more structured workout.. because what i have been doing for the past couple months, just isn't getting it done

ive been reading a little about SL5x5 and it seems like a good option..
    my gym membership just ran out a couple months back and i don't want to renew at that one... I may look into my other options in this area...

that said.... what equipment do i absolutely need at home to be able to do SL at home?
    i have a rather basic all in one home gym, a weight bench, a variety of dumb bells, and a bunch of misc odds and ends..

I work out at home. (I have a pretty nice gym near my home. But, I am not the kind that likes to have to go some place to work out. Working out at home suits me just fine!) And have now been doing SL5x5 for several months now. My equipment includes the following:

- Valor squat stands
    - Standard barbell 7' long, 1" dia, polished chrome finish, knurled grip
    - Assortment of weigh plates (all with 1" dia holes)
    - Safety stands (these, in particular: http://amzn.to/15Hhtha )
    - A bench
    - Interlocking floor mats

These are all that are necessary for doing SL5x5. But, I also have A couple of barbell shafts, some ankle weights, and a "door gym," all of which I use for supplementary exercises.