Follow- Up Please be honest I have cried enough tonight!

Options

Replies

• BughaBear
    Options
    I would follow up with a doctor visit. not tthat I know much about be pregnant.:smile::smile:

U might not know much but ur right just go to the dr and get a blood test that's the best way to go!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    First Response Early Response tests detect + at less HCG than any other test. If you switched brands for the negatives, it's likely you don't have enough HCG to turn them positive. If you got them from a different box, it's possible you got some bad ones. That's been going around (at least as I've seen on community.babycenter.com). I know it will be hard, but wait a couple of days to test again and that will give you a better idea since your HCG doubles every 48 hours. Good luck!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    if you are getting a + on a FRER (1st resp.) and a - on a generic, the chances are pretty high.

Unless they were evaps on the FRER's where the links Pink or more of a faded discolored line..

I am a total POAS addict so I know the addiction well. (POAS: Pee on a stick)
    If you have any questions the women on www.justmommies.com forums are great, there is a board there called "Am I Pregnant?" and the women, while won't answer if you are or not, are a great support team!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    actually if you are testing too early it is possible to get a false positive have you missed a cycle yet? or are you testing even before that? the egg may have dropped, and fertilized, but, as was said before it's quite common for the egg to not attach to the wall and thus you not be pregnant. This happens to many people without them even knowing. and can be quite common in people trying to get pregnant

if you haven't already it would be best to wait til your cycle is due and then try testing if it hasn't come.... then follow up with a doctor of course.

good luck :)
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies:) I will test in the AM and see a doctor.
  • HappyTemple
    Options
    Try to relax and de-stress as much as possible. Do you meditate? Or pray, or something similar? Sometimes quieting the mind of the endless chatter and worries helps the body calm down, too. I agree that you should do a blood test at the dr., but it's very likely you're PG if you got even one positive.

When I was on thebump.com on the TTCAL boards, we called the chronic testing POAS Syndrome - haha! (peeing on a stick) When I was PG, I tested positive at 4 weeks, but had a couple negatives thrown in. But I was definitely PG! :) Try not to worry, and keep us updated!

If you're addicted like I was, go POAS in the morning! Woo hoo! :D I'm sure it'll be +. Congrats!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is a very exciting time for you, so it's hard not to be emotional. I think a doctor's visit is in order. Home pregnancy tests have been known to be unreliable, so to get a firm answer, the best place is the doctor's.

Hope you the news you want!

Shannon
  • justinswife
    Options
    OK. So I got up this morning and took a Clearblue Easy test and it was clearly positive. Took a First Response and could not see a positive line. Still confused but hopeful.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: wooohoooo! Great news! I really think you are pregnant!

I think you need to see your doctor now ASAP and start taking the recommended vitamins!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Your doctor would know best.

Charmagne
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I suggest the doctor and stop peeing on them at night. If your just barely PG it won't show up on a test taken in the evening with you forcing yourself to pee.

I'm staying positive and going with ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • jennicain
    Options
    I know how frustrating this is because I have been there! Unless you have been bleeding heavily you haven't miscarried. More than likely you are just VERY early on and the hormone is not very strong in your urine. Just go to the doctor and have bloodwork and then you'll know. Regardless, good luck and try to relax! Stress is never a good thing! :wink:
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    To save money on tests go to the dollar store I know you wouldn't think they would carry them but they do and they are only a dollar and work really well that's what I used with my son and that way you can test more :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    OK. So I got up this morning and took a Clearblue Easy test and it was clearly positive. Took a First Response and could not see a positive line. Still confused but hopeful.

The latest batches of First Response aren't working well, as I said last night. Lots of people are getting false negatives on them.
  • justinswife
    Options
    I guess I will update real quick. I myself am finally convinced I am pregnant. Achy breasts and this taste in my mouth like when I drink water it tastes like aluminum foil! Made an appointment with my OBGYN today for four weeks out. Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    blood test are more accurate. Go to your doctor and get this done, stop wasting your money on inaccurate urine test. Unless you are very pregnant some of those over the counter things may not really work. How may cycles have you missed?
  • CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is too funny!!! :laugh: (about the friend being 7 mos preg and getting a neg response)
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you definitely are to me.. With my Daughter, I got between 5-10 negatives and only two positives before getting blood tests. And one of the positives and one of the negatives were taken with the very same pee. :laugh:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    AS another POAS adict I'd say you are pregnant! Read the test packets, I think FRER need a higher level of HCG to give a positive than clear blue. The level will be given in in µg.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    That is too funny!!! :laugh: (about the friend being 7 mos preg and getting a neg response)

After 3 months the levels of HCG decline to nothing as other hormones take over, so no one would get a positive test at 7 months.