What's the stupidest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup, grapefruit, boiled eggs, Phen-Fen and keto. Argh. What a moron I used to be.
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This was only partially to lose weight but for the most part it was to avoid eating the food my parents bought. There was a time when I was a teenager where my parents must have been stressed and busy because we would eat McDonalds at least 4 times a week... at some point I told them to stop asking me what I wanted if they were going to McDonalds and I'd fend for myself. Typically I'd eat a bowl of plain salted kettle chips and drink some diet coke... I suppose eating kettle chips and diet coke for dinner 5 or 6 nights a week is probably better than eating McDonalds 5 or 6 nights a week, but not by much! At that point I lost about 40 lbs over the course of about 8 months.
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    got depressed and forgot to eat for an extended period of time....

Same here!:noway:
  • TonyaMeadows
    Options
    Dexatrim mixed with full blown Anorexia while doing hardcore aerobic exercises 4 hours a day 7 days a week. I did this for 6 straight months at the age of 12 being encouraged and given the pills by my grandmother. I went to a family gathering for the 4th of July and was supposed to be in a beauty pageant the next day. Grandmother gave me 2 Dexatrim and a half of peach. I came to the next day with a tube down my throat and strapped to the bed. I weighed 70lbs but grandmother kept telling me I was too fat. I have damage from barfing too much. Now if I get nauseated and barf, my body refuses to stop until there is nothing but blood coming out. I was never really over weight until I was 16 and had surgery for the first time and then all meds and surgeries helped add pounds and i stopped fighting it.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    in high school (after my dad said aweful things to me about my weight) i started walking 6-8kms a day and pretty much only eating carrots. stupid girl, i then put it allll back on in a few years.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I lived on a slice of bread and an apple a day for a year or so. The weight fell away. I knew it was dangerous and stupid but the positive comments I got from all and sundry kept me going. Of course no one knew I was eating so little.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    CARDIO :grumble:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has already mentioned this but...The Cabbage Soup diet. I had the worst gas ever LOL.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    From age 9-19 i existed on energy drinks and nibbles of food, folowed by running obsessively.

I can proudly say i have gained 40lbs since high school :D
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Take weight loss pills. Stupidest thing ever. So many years ago, when I wasn't educated about moderation and was still eating greasy Southern fried foods.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    In my late teens, I went on a chocolate diet. Yep, you read right, a chocolate diet. I basically ate 4 bars of chocolate for breakfast then ate nothing for the rest of the day, mainly because I felt so sick from eating the chocolate. I had no idea about nutrition back then, so lesson learnt. I did lose weight, but most of that was probably muscle mass.

Then in my 20's, I went on the cabbage soup diet after giving birth. Again I lost weight but had zero energy.
    I am so glad to have finally worked out what is right for me, today I reached my goal weight!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Diet pills in college. NEVER again. I felt like I was having a heart attack.
  • oywiththepoodlesalready
    Options
    cabbage soup, hcg shots, eating only one protein bar a week for two months, oh yeah! drinking tons of sugar-free energy drinks because it was somehow supposed to speed up my metabolism...yeah I was really dumb
  • ZeKiplinatell
    Options
    Didn't eat for as many days as possible until I was about to black out... then I would eat sunflower seeds because I at least felt like I was eating something. Maybe binge a day or two that week. And start over. Continued for a couple months or so. (I had MUCHO storage haha)

By far, the stupidest thing I've done in my life, period. Even worse than becoming fat in the first place!

However, it is that mistake that made me realize that if I actually want to lose weight, I need to educate myself.
    More trial and error, a few years later, and now weight means nothing to me. All body composition baby. Woot!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager (and probably didn't even really need to lose weight) I tried the Rice Diet. The Rice Diet is pretty much exactly what it sounds like - you don't eat anything but rice. After three days I started reflexively vomiting every time I tried to eat the rice. My body wasn't having anything to do with it. Needless to say, I didn't stick to this horrible diet .... or lose any weight.

Any one else have any "what was I thinking" weight loss horror stories?

when i was at uni i chose a tattoo over food... rice was all i had in the cupboard for a week, with sweet chili sauce... tattoo was totally worth it though :)
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Became a blood donor,...yeah silly,... I know.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Fired my flight instructor and kicked him out of the plane while we were at altitude. It was dumb because I hadn't mastered landing, yet. Then there was the whole murder trial, the avenging family, yadda-yadda-yadda...
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    - The cabbage soup diet and

- The grapefruit diet
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have never starved myself - I love food TOO much.

Tried South Beach once in high school - only lasted a day or two.
    Special K diet - Probably tried that one 4 times. What an idiot.. it's ALL sugar.
    Slim Fast - Bought the shakes, drank one, never drank another.

By far the worst one.. Kim Kardashian diet pills. Literally I probably only ever took them for 3 days. I lost a few pounds, but I was jittery, moody, dizzy, and I crapped like 6 times a day.

Now, I eat fruits, veggies, I exercise regularly, and I enjoy food!
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ate a ridiculously low amount of cals.. chew & spit. it was groooooosss.. and about 10 years ago, thank goodness for that period being over.