anyone have fitbit?

Options
hi there, I ordered my fitbit one and I was just wondering who has one and how they use it? I know I have my life style at active because I am always on the go at work. so should I only wearing when im exercising so u can see how many calories im burning?

any thought or opinions appreciated ..

thanks
Jenn

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You wear it all the time, that's the point
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit One, day and night, exercising too. I like to know how many steps I take, how many calories I burn and it pushes me to meet a goal each day.
  • mzkyndly
    mzkyndly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and love it, have even thought of going to the flex when little zip dies :P. I wear it all day long to keep tabs of total steps walked. shooting for 10k, and then any workouts that I do, aerobics, running, yoga etc. I log separately :)
  • JCLondonUK
    Options
    I just ordered a Fitbit one today too. Have been humming and haa-ing for some time about whether it will be worth it, but the reviews on amazon persuaded me in the end. Hoping it lives up to its reputation! :smile:
  • jafy1990
    jafy1990 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    okay thanks so much guys!!! I thought I should wear it all the time but wasn't sure if I was suppose to lol. excited to get it and start using it
  • jafy1990
    jafy1990 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was the same way I have wanted it for over a year but finally decided
  • qtbolden
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Force. I've had it since October 13 and I have not taken it off other than to shower and to charge it. I have lost 8 pounds so far and am super active. It allows me to challenge my friends in steps per day. Love it!
  • ElaineBeekman
    ElaineBeekman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have Flex (would be afraid to lose one on my clothes or leave it on and wash it. I wear it all the time. I have found it is a good tracker for everyday/aerobic (low impact/jogging, etc) exercise. I have been told it does not do as well if you are lifting or for very high exertion. Since I am wearing it on my wrist I'm also not sure exactly how accurate it is for steps (like when typing, etc.) but I have lost over 20 lbs since I started using it to track my calories out and MFP to track calories in so I'm pretty happy. I have noticed that sometimes, like when pushing a wobbly grocery cart or some other activity with vibration, it can trigger the FitBit into sleep mode. The funniest thing is that I live on a farm and when I was driving a tractor this fall when I had just gotten my FitBit Flex, the vibrations of the small open-platform tractor I was driving for about 6 hours set the thing into overdrive and it recorded that I burned almost 4,000 calories that day. That's really the only far-out-there incident I have had but it made me laugh.
  • Kiwi94544
    Options
    I have a fitbit - got it last year, & I can't remember what version it is, but it's a black clip-on, about the size of my pointer-finger, with a little screen. Anyway, I really like mine. I don't rely on it with regards to how many calories it says I'm burning per day - mostly because in my experience, anything that counts calories burned tends to be pretty inaccurate.... So I really use mine for the purpose of tracking my movement, and gauging how active I am each day. For me, it helps - I set weekly & daily goals for myself, and try to challenge myself a little more each time. I think it's just a handy thing to have on you, to remind you to move. I check mine a few times a day, just to see where I'm at. I work at a desk-job, and workout once a day, most days, and I average between 1400 - 22000 steps a day.... the lower number on a day with a less-challenging workout, the higher number on a day when I'm doing two-a-days at the gym, or hiking or something, etc..... I think it's a good little device to remind you to keep moving. At least for me, that's what it does.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Force. I've had it since October 13 and I have not taken it off other than to shower and to charge it. I have lost 8 pounds so far and am super active. It allows me to challenge my friends in steps per day. Love it!

Ditto. I got mine last Sunday. It really encourages me to walk more and to take the steps at work.

I also have my activity set to light, and then manually enter my exercise calories. What I didn't realize is that the trek from the parking garage to the office (15 mins) and just walking around the office with stairs and everything raises the # of calories I should be eating. So now on work days I get 100-300 extra calories to play with, depending on how many times I take the stairs (which are very high and steep). I am trying not to keep my calorie at too much of a deficit so it's really helpful to me.

I also like the sleep functions (w/the Force) it really encourages me to go to bed earlier, (I also have a problem getting enough sleep)

If anyone wants any fitbit friends please let me know - I only have one so far :)
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You can sync MFP and Fitbit, so that is nice.
    It is great to see how active you really are in a day, and the calorie burn it gives is pretty accurate for most activities.
    But you will need to manually add things like lifting or cycling to it.
    And I have it synched with Endomondo for my running.

I have the Fitbit One, clipped to my bra, and I love it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • mrussell60
    Options
    I carry mine in my pocket most of the time - very motivational and tracks as much as you want it too. I set my goals at 10,000 steps and I find myself always checking and making excuses to walk. Add me if you like !
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I ordered Fitbit One Sunday, can't wait to get it. Saving this for the links and tips!
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit force and absolutely love it. I like to refer to it as the great motivator. It is another tool in your arsenal to get to where you want to be. I bought mine on 11/5/13 and hit my first 1 million steps today!!! Woohoo!! I started working on living a healthier and more active life on 10/13/13 and I give the fitbitt a lot of credit for the number on the ticker below.Highly recommend it.
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I got the One for X-Mas and I love it! For me I find it extremely accurate when it comes to both step and calorie counting. I wear it on my bra strap all day every day.
  • colejkeene
    colejkeene Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Fitbit One for over a year-- I love that it tracks my lifetime steps, calorie burn, floors climbed and miles moved! It's an awesome way to collect data on your movement.

Have fun! :)
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit Flex a few months ago. I wear it all the time and bought all the diff. coloured bands. At the beginning of the year it sent me my fitbit statistics and said I had walked around Ireland. That put things in perspective for me. I love it.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and I love it. I link it to MFP and it does a good job of tracking my calories as well as my sleep schedule!
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Force and I've been waiting (not terribly patiently, haha) for the back order.