losing these extra pounds

Options
Hello I'm 35 yrs old and I've been on a diet and exercise program now for a week and 2 days so far I have lost 15 pounds I started at 245 pounds and now I'm 230 pounds I'm on a 1200 a day calorie diet and i walk and exercise and drink anything between 116 ounces to 135 ounces of water a day I still eat what I want to eat just smaller portions I still don't understand how I lost that much weight that fast but I'm not complaining...

Replies

• MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    seems like you do lose weight faster in the beginning. Also, you must be eating alot less calories than you were before. Creating a large calorie deficit between meals and exercise will provide results. Great job.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The first bit is usually water weight. I lost 6 lbs my first week. It blew my mind! After that, it evened out to a more sustainable loss rate (for me, about 1.5 lbs per week).
  • 1Way2exhale
    1Way2exhale Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am very impress with you weight lose. You obviously are very dedicated and committed. Congrats. I love it, love it, love it. :smile:
  • susalia1
    Options
    Thank you... Yeah I was pretty much eating the way I do now but it was mostly junk...
  • susalia1
    Options
    Thank you and yes I'm dedicated for health reasons and I want to live longer for my sons... Actually my knees have stopped hurting already
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You and I started at the same weight. You got me beat by 3pounds :smile: I was nervous thinking it was too fast. As well. Let's be accountable for another!
  • 1Way2exhale
    1Way2exhale Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, you ladies are an inspiration. I working on losing 40 lbs and I have been doing this for now 3 weeks and have only lost 6 lbs. I am looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow so I hope I drop some of this weight. :)

You ladies ROCK!
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! I am a 52 yo mother of 3 boys ages 24, 21, and 12. I will be doing cardio and weight lifting 3 times a week each, and Ab Jam 6 times a week. I am also doing a 10 day diet which I will share if anyone is interested in doing it with me. You really don't need to cook if you don't want to and it consists of 6 meals a day, small portions of meat, veg, and fruit. Can't wait to hear from all of you.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    congrats an what youve accomplished...keep it up