Fat sick and nearly dead

Options
2»

Replies

• FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I rather eat food!!

This! Manage your calories and eat healthy.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    In addition to what others have said (it being an infomercial, etc), haven't most of the claims in this movie been thoroughly debunked?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Wow how naive am I? I didn't even think of the movie as a great sales pitch for juicers but that kind of makes sense.

Yeah, besides juicers he also sells other things, all tied into that 'documentary'. Like someine else said-it's an infomercial and nothing else.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    loved the documentary - my niece and her husband did the 8 day thing and had great results but then went back to regular eating and gained it back - I was going to do it but have decided against it since and will just try to maintain a healthy diet and track calories
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Omg just watched that movie too and loved it. So inspirational!!

I bought a juicer on amazon for $45. Comes highly recommended out of the cheap juicers. Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Black

Check out this website: http://juicerecipes.com/ Everything is free - I just signed up for a 30 day juice challenge where u drink one juice a day - they provide you with recipes and shopping lists.
  • corsiva
    corsiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I loved the documentary, but I couldn't do the juicing because I absolutely couldn't handle the taste. I even bought the juicer he used and everything. Yuck.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would never juice. Ever. I am not about to lose a ton of muscle for that crap.

Also, he has an agenda to sell his own juicer. So that pretty much makes his point null and void in my opinion...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I loved the documentary, but I couldn't do the juicing because I absolutely couldn't handle the taste. I even bought the juicer he used and everything. Yuck.

I find some overly sweet but started adding a lemon to the mix and it helps but I don't juice - I did it a bit but there are actually a lot of calories in a glass of juice, may as well eat them and not feel deprived - I would juice to add to smoothies - I was thinking that when I need to use up my fruit I would juice it and put it in ice cube trays so I could add a cube or two to smoothies without adding the juice from a whole fruit
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

I find some overly sweet but started adding a lemon to the mix and it helps but I don't juice - I did it a bit but there are actually a lot of calories in a glass of juice, may as well eat them and not feel deprived - I would juice to add to smoothies - I was thinking that when I need to use up my fruit I would juice it and put it in ice cube trays so I could add a cube or two to smoothies without adding the juice from a whole fruit

Plus you're missing out on some good ol' fashioned fiber!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I really don't see the point of juicing. I enjoy eating fruit and vegetables. Juicing is expensive, high in sugar, low in fiber, makes a big mess. And that green juice foam makes me want to throw up.

And now there are studies out that link overconsumption of some vegetables, like kale, to hypothryoidism. I think 100% of my vitamins are quite enough for me.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tried it, lasted 10 minutes - watching the movie that is. What a bloody moron, made me embarrassed to be Australian. What the hell was with the corny kangaroo cartoon at the beginning.