Postcard Challenge 12!!! Starting 11/18/10

Options

Replies

• odatcindy
    Options
    I'll try to catch you on the next one. I swore off the scale for the month of November and focused on inches since I started strength training with a trainer. Good luck, everyone.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning: 204lbs (1.5lb weight gain since last week, flippin' sore neck! So ONEderland is 4 and a bit pounds away!!!!).

Good luck everyone! My aim is to be in ONEderland by the end of this challenge!
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Starting weight is 177.6. Don't think I will be able to find Pumpkin Pie and it would be too tempting to make a whole one just for me :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: but I promise to have a slice of something equally naughty at Thansgiving to make it fair. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pam
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    If I can't find any, I'm having a slice of carrot cake!!!!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Crappy Red Lobster crab legs and butter.....weight back up to 172....and up to the challange....really hoping to get in ot the 160's
  • Jennili7
    Options
    ok here goes my first challenge..and to make it even more interesting, this morning I was a new low!

Starting Postcard Challenge at 158.2

game on!! :drinker:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    If I can't find any, I'm having a slice of carrot cake!!!!!

Sounds like a plan!!!!
  • JuliaRose73
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

“Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes." ~ Buddha

It's Thursday and the start of our next postcard challenge! Hoping everyone was pleasantly surprised this morning as you checked your scale. I'm so glad to see that so many people decided to join us during the next two weeks.

I am starting this morning off at 253.8. So I'm aiming for being out of the 250's by the time this postcard challenge is over.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Julia
  • storybookcreator
    Options
    Good morning!

Looking forward to my first challenge...hopefully this will keep me focused during the first two weeks of counting!

I weighed in at 158 this morning and hope to just keep shedding off the lbs as the weeks progress!

Thanks for the extra incentive!
  • JuliaRose73
    Options
    I'm so in =]

Can i suggest pics of the scale with a code word to verify weigh-ins?

I once put together a game for a wedding shower, it was like a lottery ticket, and would be very simple to cheat and win a prize, so I marked each one of the pieces on the back.... The whole time we played I really hoped our Pastor wouldn't come forward with a winning ticket, only to check it and find she cheated.

Since only a postcard is at stake, I would really hope that no one would cheat to win it. For they might get a postcard, but they will live with the knowledge that it was tainted by their lie, therefore only cheating themselves! Should anyone really need a postcard that badly for motivation and a friendly hello, just send me a message, I'll be happy to send out a third, fourth or fifth one!

I'm afraid if we ask everyone to take a picture and then post, they might feel it's to much effort (I can hardly open my eyes during weigh in mornings much less find a camera!), seeing that it seems difficult to post pictures in messages anyway. I have yet to figure out how to do it. It's a great idea, and if we each promised to send the winner $5 in the mail, I would fully agree with the picture idea! But it is only a postcard... oh and I forgot... crowned King/Queen of Postcard Challenge # ___ and bragging rights too!
  • JuliaRose73
    Options
    I'll try to catch you on the next one. I swore off the scale for the month of November and focused on inches since I started strength training with a trainer. Good luck, everyone.

Good Luck to you as well on the inches! Feel free to come back and share with us in two weeks how you did!
  • drew531
    drew531 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for the challenge is 360... Only 10 more pounds to go to meet my first goal, I'm excited.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    My start weight is 281.6! (it took me yet nearly another week to lose less than a lb so hopefully this plateau breaks!) I am hopinghopinghoping that I will be in the 270's within 2 weeks :)
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I'm so in =]

Can i suggest pics of the scale with a code word to verify weigh-ins?

I once put together a game for a wedding shower, it was like a lottery ticket, and would be very simple to cheat and win a prize, so I marked each one of the pieces on the back.... The whole time we played I really hoped our Pastor wouldn't come forward with a winning ticket, only to check it and find she cheated.

Since only a postcard is at stake, I would really hope that no one would cheat to win it. For they might get a postcard, but they will live with the knowledge that it was tainted by their lie, therefore only cheating themselves! Should anyone really need a postcard that badly for motivation and a friendly hello, just send me a message, I'll be happy to send out a third, fourth or fifth one!

I'm afraid if we ask everyone to take a picture and then post, they might feel it's to much effort (I can hardly open my eyes during weigh in mornings much less find a camera!), seeing that it seems difficult to post pictures in messages anyway. I have yet to figure out how to do it. It's a great idea, and if we each promised to send the winner $5 in the mail, I would fully agree with the picture idea! But it is only a postcard... oh and I forgot... crowned King/Queen of Postcard Challenge # ___ and bragging rights too!

excellent point, I just have noticed cheating on other challenges, but we should have faith that they wouldnt cheat right?
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    Checking in at 221! Hoping for 211 in 2 weeks
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Not sure how to do this challenge.:tongue:
    I started at 192 and my weight now is
    173.2. :drinker:
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    Hi everyone...count me in. I weighed in this morning @ 228 lbs...good luck to all!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Here goes!! I weighed in at 259 this morning!! Good Luck to everyone!!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Just took my weight. 187.6
    Gosh, I feel like it's melting off!
  • storybookcreator
    Options
    Hi All,
    Not sure how to do this challenge.:tongue:
    I started at 192 and my weight now is
    173.2. :drinker:

well you've already done half of the challenge! you provided your starting weight...now you just need to stick to your plan and lose lbs vs gain during this Thanksgiving holiday! On Dec 2 you need to provide your ending weight.

Here's what to do: post your weight as of Thursday (November 18th!) then in 2 weeks (December 2nd!!!), post your updated weight. Two individuals will be awarded postcards. One for the most weight lost in the two weeks and then one for the highest percentage lost. Each winner will receive a postcard from the one and only Detroit, MI. (The French city of love and romance or automotive capital, or voted most dangerous city.... take your pick!)