Getting Back on Track

Options
Hey everyone!

I have been working on losing weight since June 2013. My starting weight was 303 pounds and I got down to 255 in September. Unfortunately though, I gained weight during the holidays and now I am at 267.8 pounds. My ultimate goal is to get down to 165 pounds but right now I really just want to get back into the 100s since I haven't been there since I was in middle school.

Right now I am struggling to get back into dieting and exercise. I have been dealing with some relapse episodes of depression recently and I am really struggling.

Have any of you experienced something like this? How did you get back on track? What helped motivate you?

Thanks!

Replies

• brenran
    brenran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also had the same problem through the holidays...now it is time to get back in the swing. For me, it is a mind set. I went through and got rid of/gave away all of the "red light" foods in my pantry. If they aren't there, I won't eat them. I started faithfully keeping track of my meals again, and started drinking more water.
    Good Luck ~~ it was just a detour on your journey!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sorry that you're struggling right now. Here are a few things that I do to help keep me inspired and on track...

1. put on running shoes/workout clothes right away ~ half the battle for me is getting that far
    2. taking progress pics every 10 lbs
    3. making workout plans with friends...I try to be the driver so I HAVE to go
    4. drinking a glass of water every time I enter the kitchen
    5. spacing food every 2 to 3 hours so I'm never famished
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Over Christmas vacation I gained nine pounds, I didn't get discouraged, got back on track and am back under pre-Christmas weight and continuing to lose. You just need to suck it up and get back on the wagon, no excuses, just put in the work. Once you focus and stay on track for a few days, it becomes automatic again.

Rigger
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    start small but do something, even if getting out and walking in a park with a friend etc. Eat one less snack per day or even every two days. You'll eventually get back in the groove.....promise :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Severe stress/depression/anxiety and I just quit logging altogether for a few months. Had lost 53, gained back 14, and started logging again last week.

I don't feel the motivation I did at the beginning; I'm trying to just put one foot in front of the other right now. I was so close to goal and I know if I don't get back on track right away, any more of a gain will just make me more depressed.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Shar8210
    Options
    I felt like that these last two days. I've been busting my butt at work, working 16hrs each day and had no time to workout and ate horribly. I felt like oh well I guess I'll pig out and start over but before I could reach for a chip I fell asleep. So I woke up went shopping for a few needed items and bought a couple of workout outfits in the process. Looked at some success stories on YouTube because I'm doin the TurboFire workouts by Chalene Johnson. Not to sound lame but, I want to be one of those success stories hell I lost weight before but now I'm at my heaviest 272, and currently n surprisingly I don't have health problems so I'm skating on thin ice and trying to beat that before I press my luck. You can do it don't let failure creep in and get the best of you...take charge and do something small before you know it your right back on track. Give yourself small mile stones, for me I want to lose at least 15lbs by St. Patty's , for example. GOOD LUCK!!