Couldn't lose-Now losing easily. ?!

Options
Tried this almost a year ago along with exercise and worked by butt off for months to drop just 10 lbs. Was super stressed out but I still worked out like a maniac and ate a very strict healthy diet. I took a break from MFP because I was going through a very difficult time and was feeling frustrated with my progress. I ended up gaining all of the weight I lost right back and was at about 200lbs once again. Fast forward to now...that stressful time is over. I don't eat nearly as well and stopped the gym for 4 months and now I have somehow lost 20lbs (started the gym again and MFP about a week ago). I know stress affects how your body functions but I never realized how badly. I want to keep losing and hopefully reach my goal or maintain this weight but am afraid of what will happen if i get stressed again. I know most people will assume I was stress eating but honestly I was not, From time to time yes, I'd comfort myself with food but I eat worse right now so I don't understand how I just began to lose. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you maintain your weight when stressed out?

Replies

• ea_osborne
    ea_osborne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm the same way. Seems like the more determined I am and the more effort I put into it, the worse the results. The most weight I ever lost in my life (about 20lbs in like 4 months) I wasn't even trying. I wish someone had an answer and a way around it!
  • KtAnne388
    Options
    It is so weird!!! Funny you say that It has been almost exactly 4 months since I started losing too! Good luck on your journey here btw!
  • ea_osborne
    ea_osborne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too!