QUESTION FOR THE LADIES ON HERE!!

Options
Hello, my name is Valerie, im 20 Years old and this is officially my second week of tracking my food and following my calorie limits. I say officially because the week before that I was in the transition of eating bad food( McDonalds 4X a week) to eating healthy . I have lost 10 pounds just in those 3 weeks but today something strange happened with my menstrual cycle. I am and have been on the same birth control pill for over 2 years, my period are always on time and always same days length and i have an exact 28 Days cycle. I just yesterday started my last week of pink pills (last week before period starts) and today I notice a bloody smell and i was slightly bleeding down there. Now usually my first day of period is just a little more than light bleeding ( so light it didn't appear in my underwear, only when i wipe. This is the first time this happens which worries me because im due for my period only on the 31st of January. I was wondering if its possible this is because of the weight loss or change in diet that made them 10 days early or if its a more serious issue. I do not know exactly for sure if i have my period as it is only light bleeding for today, I will see if tomorrow is a regular flow, but any input would really be appreciated.
Thank You

Replies

• AliGilbreath
    AliGilbreath Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definetly the weight loss. I had this discussion with my gynecologist a couple weeks ago. She said when you change activity level or eating habits and lose weight, it can make your cycle irregular. Nothing to worry about.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Valerie,

Welcome. Please go see your doctor.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Definetly the weight loss. I had this discussion with my gynecologist a couple weeks ago. She said when you change activity level or eating habits and lose weight, it can make your cycle irregular. Nothing to worry about.
    Not necessarily.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    TMI and please call your doctor.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    ive had weird periods when im losing weight, but ive also had weird periods when im pregnant.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you are having a cycle while you are still carefully taking your pills every day (and didn't miss any and then try to "double up" later, that doesn't work) then you need to see your doctor, as that isn't normal. It is possible that it's just the diet but it could be multiple other things that all need to be checked out.
  • valerie759
    valerie759 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt im pregnant but i was just asking this because i heard weight loss and changing your eating habits changes your hormone levels greatly. Also it is my second day, no pain at all and still only very light pink blood when i wipe, not even enough to put a tampon in. I think i will just see as the week goes if it increases, usually my periods last 3-4 days. I will keep posting updates for others that may run into this situation as well. Thank you for all the girl that have commented and to those saying to visit my doctor, i definitely will if i see this gets worse as time goes by. Thanks again to everyone and feel free to add me, I'd love to have and give support to other members on here. :)
  • AliGilbreath
    AliGilbreath Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily.

Ok, well in my situation it was, we are all different. I was just sharing my experience with this type of situation.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    But if you are on the pill, that will be suppressing your natural hormones so shouldnt be affected by your diet/exercise regime. I always thought that the reason you bleed whilst on the contraceptive pill is because during the week you stop taking the pill you have a withdrawal bleed! Like others have said before, maybe go get it checked out. Might not be anything to worry about, but all the same get it checked out ... could be thrush of course, that can cause your vagina to bleed a bit...(tmi for some here, I know). Could be a cervical erosion...could be anything! Anyway, we certainly cant tell you on this forum!
  • sbk204
    sbk204 Posts: 16
    Options
    Never a bad idea to consult a doctor on this.